Who does not want to be tall, but the height depends on the genes received from the parents. Along with this, lifestyle and nutrients taken in food can also affect the length of each person. On the other hand, if someone is troubled by the problem of not increasing in height, then he can improve it through yoga . Under this, yoga asanas like Balasana and Adho Mukha Svanasana can be done. They mainly strengthen the muscles of the body and improve physical posture. Let us make it clear here that so far no scientific research has confirmed the increase in height through yoga and exercise.
Today in this article you will know whether height can be increased by doing yoga or not –
yoga to increase height
No research confirms that height can be increased through yoga. The length of each person depends on genetics and nutrients. Yogasanas help in straightening the spine and bringing it in the right shape, correcting the posture of the body and improving physical ability. Come, now let’s know about these major yogasanas –
Balasana helps in stretching different parts of the body. The way to do this is as follows –
- Spread a yoga mat on a flat ground and sit in the posture of Vajrasana .
- Now taking a long deep breath, both hands have to be taken straight above the head.
- Then while exhaling, bend forward.
- In this state, the hips will be adjacent to the ankles and the hands and head will be adjacent to the ground.
- Stay in this state for some time and keep breathing at a normal pace.
- Then get up while breathing and take the hands straight above the head and then keep the hands comfortably on the thighs.
By doing Tadasana , balance comes in the body. This can be done like this –
- Stand straight on the yoga mat and keep the hands close to the body.
- Now taking a long deep breath, move the hands straight upwards.
- Interlock the fingers of both the hands and make a grip and keep the direction of the palms towards the sky. Also keep the arms close to the ears.
- Now while pulling the body upwards, bring the weight of the whole body on the toes of the feet.
- Stay in this position for some time and keep breathing at normal speed and at the same time look in front.
- Now slowly come back to normal.
Bhujangasana is helpful in stretching the whole body. This strengthens the muscles. Come, let’s know how to do it –
- Lie down on your stomach by laying a yoga mat on a flat place.
- Keep both the hands near the shoulder.
- Now while breathing, raise the body up to the navel with the help of hands.
- Stay in this position for some time and keep breathing at a normal pace.
- Then gradually come back to normal state.
Uttanasana is helpful in straightening the spine by releasing tension from the body. This can be done like this –
- Stand straight on a flat place and then while breathing, move the hands straight upwards.
- Now while exhaling, bend forward.
- Leaning forward, try to touch the palms with the ground near the feet and the nose with the knees.
- Be careful not to bend your knees.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds and then while breathing, become straight and move the hands upwards.
- After this, bring the hands down and relax.
Yogasanas like Uttanasana and Balasana are better for improving height. These yoga poses help in improving posture and strengthening muscles. Along with improving the physical structure, stress is also relieved by these yogasanas. Here we make it clear once again that yogasanas do not increase height.