Let’s know how to do Weight Gain Exercise. As much as diet plays an important role in increasing body weight, exercise plays an equally important role. For this, taking some time out of your routine and exercising can help in gaining weight. It is just necessary to choose the right exercise for this, we are telling exercises to gain weight. Along with doing these exercises, definitely consume nutrient-rich foods. This can help in achieving a healthy weight.
Weight Gain Exercise
If the body weight is low, then people give many advice to gain weight . It includes many ways from food to diet, but people do not pay attention to exercise. Yes, exercising can help in increasing the weight. For this the following exercises can be adopted.
Squat comes first in the exercise of increasing weight . This has been substantiated by research published in the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). In this research, it has been found that doing regular squat exercises for 8 weeks increased body size and improved muscle strength. It also increased body mass. On this basis, it can be said that doing squats can help in increasing healthy weight.
How to Squat:
- To do a squat, stand up straight and then extend both your arms straight forward.
- Now try to sit in the same way as you sit on a chair, keeping the spine straight.
- At this time, the hips will be seen sitting in the air without a chair.
- Maintaining this posture, one can get up and sit for 15 to 20 times.
- By taking some rest, you can do it in 3 sets i.e. up to 45 times.
- If this action is making you feel very easy, then you can also do it by taking a barbell ie rod in the shoulder and putting the weight of the plate in it.
2. Push Up
Pushups can also be included in the exercise to increase the weight. According to a scientific study published in this regard, muscles can increase by doing this exercise. In addition, it also works to increase the thickness of the muscles. When muscles grow, body weight can also increase.
How to do push ups:
- Warm up well before doing this exercise.
- Now spreading both your hands at a distance from the shoulders, come on the hands and toes.
- When coming in this posture, the whole body should be in a straight line. Also, there should be a little distance between both the feet.
- Now before starting the push up, keep your stomach pulled in and keep breathing and exhaling in the normal way.
- Now bend the elbows to 90 degrees and bring the body down.
- While moving the body down, keep the eyes towards the front.
- After stopping down for about 5 seconds, now slowly lift the body up and come back to the previous position.
- You can do this slowly 10 to 15 times.
- This exercise can be done in 3 sets i.e. 30 to 45 times by taking a break of 1 minute.
3. Walking Lunges
Regular practice of walking lunges can also help in increasing the weight. By doing this exercise, the muscles of the legs are affected. This improves the muscles of the legs, which can also have a positive effect on weight. At present, there is no scientific evidence to prove this point. But it is certain that the muscles increase with walking lunges, which can also help in gaining weight .
How to do Walking Lunges:
- For walking lunges, choose an open space where it is easy to walk upright.
- To do this, hold kettlebells or dumbbells in hands by making a small distance between both the feet.
- Now taking a long step forward with one leg, bend the knees and while bending the waist down, make a 90 degree angle with the knee of the first leg.
- In this posture, the other leg should be slightly above the ground. Also, the other leg will be behind and the heel will be towards the top.
- At this time the waist will be straight and the hips will be pressed towards the front. Remain in this posture for about 5 to 10 seconds. Then stand up and repeat this action by moving the other leg forward.
- This process can be done 10-10 times with each leg in three sets.
4. Tricep Dips
Triceps dips can be done as an exercise to increase the weight. Actually, exercising increases a person’s appetite. In such a situation, if a person is struggling with the problem of losing weight due to loss of appetite, then this can help him. Also, all types of exercise help in increasing muscles and bones. In such a situation, triceps dips can be beneficial in increasing weight .
How to do Triceps Dips:
- To do this exercise, first warm up.
- Now keeping your back towards a bench, place both your hands on it.
- Keep the feet on the ground. During this, there should be some distance between the feet and bend the knees slightly.
- After this, slowly bend the elbows and take the body down.
- While doing this, the spine should be straight.
- Then, while applying strength with the hands, raise the body up and straighten the elbows.
- Do this process slowly 10 to 15 times in 3 sets.
5. Pull ups
Pull ups can also be included in the exercise of being fat. According to a scientific research, muscle growth can be promoted by doing pull ups. When the body’s muscles grow, it can also lead to weight gain. Also, the dietary capacity of the exerciser can also be improved. On this basis, it can be believed that doing pull ups can help in increasing the weight.
How to do Pull Ups:
- First, stand under a pull-up rod or pull-up machine.
- Now hold the rod up to shoulder width.
- After this, while applying strength with the hands, pull the body upwards. While doing this, both the legs can be kept straight or bent.
- Try to touch the rod with the chin by pulling the body up and stay in this posture for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Now slowly bring the body down and come to the starting position.
- Here 1 reps (repetition) is completed. You can do this about 10 times in 3 sets.
Keeping the body in shape is equally important with increasing weight. Therefore, crunches can also be included in the exercises done to increase weight. In a research available on the NCBI website, this research paper states that crunch exercises once or twice a week can help strengthen the abdominal muscles. It can prevent belly fat from increasing. In such a situation, crunches can also be included in the exercise routine to keep the body toned along with increasing the weight.
How to do crunches:
- To do this exercise, lay a yoga mat or mat on the ground.
- Now lie on your back on it and bend both the knees.
- Also, by taking your hands behind the head, you can trap the fingers of both the hands.
- Then while exhaling slowly, lift the body forward.
- After raising the body, hold for about 1 second. After that do it 10 to 15 times, after a short break, you can do this up to 3 times.
7. Bench Press
You can also do bench press to increase the weight. Actually, this exercise can work to increase muscle hypertrophy i.e. muscle mass. With the increase of muscle mass, body weight automatically increases. In such a situation, with the right diet and regular practice of this exercise, weight can be increased easily.
How to do bench press:
- To do this, first lie down on your back on a bench.
- Now hold the barbell with both hands a little far from the chest.
- Then lower the rod up and down. Do this at least 10 to 15 times.
- You can do 3 sets of 15-15 of this exercise. Also, you can put weight on the rod according to your capacity.
8. Over Head
Those who are thinking of increasing the weight, they can also do overhead exercises. The upper chest and shoulders can be affected by doing this exercise. This can make the muscles stronger. Also, we have already mentioned above that no matter what kind of exercise, it is sure to increase appetite. In such a situation, over head exercise can prove to be helpful for increasing the weight.
- Dumbbells are used to do this exercise.
- First of all, hold dumbbells of equal weight in both hands.
- Then press the dumbbell upwards and after a few seconds, lower the dumbbell again.
- You can do this continuously for 10 to 15 times.
- While doing this, an angle of 90 degrees should be formed between the elbows and the shoulders.
- To do this exercise, you can do 3 sets of 15-15.
Don’t worry too much about the weight loss and encourage yourself. For this, keep eating right and exercising regularly. With this, along with increasing the weight, the body can also come in the right shape. In such a situation, it is necessary to do the above mentioned exercises regularly to increase the weight. Positive results will be seen regarding weight only with consistency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which exercise is best to gain weight?
Push ups and bench press exercises can be considered the best to increase the weight.
Can I gain weight by exercising at home?
Yes, weight can be increased by consuming high calorie and high fat food items along with push ups and crunches at home.
Do push ups cause weight gain?
Yes, doing push ups can help in increasing the weight. Actually, it works to increase muscle mass, which can increase body weight.