Let’s know about Weight Gain Diet Chart. If you want to be healthy, then it is necessary to have a balanced weight. People whose weight is balanced according to their age and height, they enjoy a healthy life. Therefore, as much as it is necessary to reduce obesity, it is equally important to gain weight. Often people give advice to reduce obesity, but no one talks about increasing the low weight. Underweight people not only look weak, but their personality is also not attractive.
We will discuss this issue. We have come up with a weight gain diet chart for skinny people, following which will help them in increasing their weight. Apart from this, we will also give some other tips.
let’s start the article
First of all, let us talk about the weight gain diet chart.
Weight gain diet chart for weight gain
|Meal||Time||What to eat (Vegetarian/Non-vegetarian)|
|before breakfast||7am-8am||Full fat milk tea with sugar. If someone does not drink tea, then almond milk can be taken .|
|Breakfast||8am-9am||Have two slices of multigrain bread and an omelet with low-fat butter.Instead, you can eat a bowl of oatmeal, corn flakes or porridge with vegetables.If you want, you can eat poha, upma and khichdi by adding different vegetables .Eating two chapattis or two parathas with vegetables can also prove beneficial.By choosing one of the various options mentioned above, definitely eat fruits with it.|
|brunch||10am-11am||Consume a glass of full fat milk shake or you can take protein shake. Instead of this, you can also eat full fat curd.|
|lunch||12:30pm-1:30pm||Two chapatis and a bowl of rice with a bowl of vegetables and pulses. Add ghee to vegetables and pulses and you can also apply ghee on chapati.Non-veg eaters can take two pieces of chicken/one fish/egg/paneer with chapati and rice.Take cucumber, carrot and cabbage salad along with lunch.Also you can take a bowl of curd.|
|Evening snack||5:30pm-6:30pm||Veg/Non-Veg Soup with ButterYou can also eat a sandwich with cheese or mayonnaise.|
|dinner||8:30pm-9:30pm||The diet which is taken for lunch can be eaten at night as well, but do not eat rice at night.|
|before sleep||10:30pm-11pm||Drink a glass of milk.|
After the diet chart for weight gain, we are giving some other tips.
Some more tips to gain weight
Body weight largely depends on calories. Where fewer calories are needed to lose weight, more calories should be taken in order to gain weight. If a person is troubled by low weight, then he can take 2000-2200 calories regularly.
What to do :
- Include broccoli, cabbage, carrots, spinach, pumpkin and brinjal in your diet.
- Including red meat in the diet can also be beneficial. Keep in mind that do not eat it excessively, otherwise the cholesterol level may increase.
- Whatever salad you eat, put some olive oil on it. This will not only increase the taste of the salad, but also increase the amount of nutrients.
- Consuming dairy products daily can also provide a substantial amount of calories. Try to always consume fat rich milk and curd.
How is it beneficial:
Calorie intake is considered important for health. Calorie means energy. When one consumes calorie-rich food, the body gets the required energy supply, which makes the body more active than before ( 1Trusted Source ).
Note: Don’t eat fast food in the name of increasing calories in food. Instead of benefiting from this, there can be loss.
2. Increase the amount of food
Weight can also be increased by increasing the dose in a balanced amount. For this, instead of three, you can eat six times a day in small amounts and consuming calorie-rich foods every time can be beneficial. Eating too much at one go can spoil the digestive system and instead of gaining weight, a person can become a victim of other diseases. By eating little by little and frequently, the food will be digested and its effect can also be seen on the body.
What to do :
- You can eat a bowl of fruit and bread with butter for breakfast. If someone does not like normal butter, then peanut butter or paneer can be used instead.
- You can eat dry fruits, boiled vegetables or paneer sandwich in snacks.
- If someone likes something other than this, then they can also consume it, but keeping in mind that it should be healthy. Also, it should not be oily at all.
How is it beneficial:
Energy remains in the body by eating something or the other in a little while. Due to this, the person remains active all the time and can do his work with full capacity ( 2 ). Eating too much at one go can cause lethargy in the body and can also cause stomach upset.
3. More Protein
Along with calories, protein is also needed to gain weight. The body gets energy by consuming protein-rich foods. In addition, the muscles are also strengthened, as weak muscles are not able to bear more weight.
What to do :
- Eggs, fish, chicken, lentils, sprouts and dairy products are considered major sources of protein.
- Fishes like tuna and mackerel are rich in oil and its consumption helps in gaining weight.
How is it beneficial:
Protein contains amino acids, which make muscles strong. Therefore, protein-rich foods are essential for gaining muscle and weight.
4. Healthy Fats
It is also necessary to consume limited amount of fat to gain weight. Healthy fats are needed for muscle growth and hormones like testosterone. It can also help in increasing the metabolic rate, which can help the body burn out bad fats and retain good fats. Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are considered good for health. This type of fat can be found in nuts, green leafy vegetables, flaxseed oil, avocado oil and other seed oils. Also, tell that omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are also needed for good health. In this sense, if someone is thinking of increasing the weight, then do not ignore the good fats.
5. Weight Gain Supplements
Some people are excessively weak. Such people need to take nutritious foods and regular exercise as well as take weight gain supplements. Such supplements should be taken only on the advice of a doctor, because only a doctor can tell in a better way what kind of supplements will be beneficial according to health.
What to do :
- There are many types of protein shakes and supplements available in the market. They can be consumed by adding milk or smoothies. Be sure to consult a doctor before taking supplements, because not all supplements necessarily suit everyone. It is possible that some supplements may worsen the health instead of improving it.
How is it beneficial:
Explain that including supplements in the routine can increase the body mass index. Also, muscle development can also happen.
6. What to eat
- full fat milk
- Beans, lentils and other protein-rich foods
- fruits and vegetables
- healthy fats and oils
- good and healthy sweet
Yoga is the only cure for many problems. There are benefits of yoga to reduce weight, apart from this, yoga can also be helpful in increasing weight. If someone includes yoga in his routine along with diet chart for weight gain, then he can get more benefits than others. Yoga can not only reduce stress, but can also improve the energy level in the body. Apart from this, yoga also improves the digestive system, which can increase appetite. Here we are telling some yogasanas, by doing which weight can increase.
- Sarvangasana: This yoga asana helps in controlling weight according to age and height.
- Pawanmuktasana: By doing this, the digestive system is good, metabolism improves and problems like gas, acidity and constipation are relieved. With the end of all these problems, the appetite feels good.
- Vajrasana: The digestive system is better than this yoga asana. With its help, it can be easy to digest food. Along with this, the muscles of the whole body especially the legs and waist can be strengthened. This can be done after a meal for about 5 minutes.
stay with us
8. Exercise to gain weight
By doing the exercise mentioned here, muscles develop well. Keep in mind that all these exercises should be done only under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
- Twisted Crunch
- leg press
- leg extension
- leg curls
- arm curls
- shoulder shrug
- Seated Dumbbell Press
- triceps push down
- barbell squat
- pull up
- ab roller
- incline dumbbell press
- side lateral race
- dumbbell lunges
- weight crunches
How is it beneficial:
This exercise is necessary for healthy muscles. Along with this, it can also help in increasing the body mass index. Due to which the weight can increase gradually.
9. Keep a record of food and drink
The way those who lose weight keep writing in a notebook what they have to eat and what exercises they have to do throughout the day. Similarly those who gain weight should also do it. Write in a notebook daily what you eat during the day and at the end of the week note the difference in weight. From this it will be known that what food is affecting the weight. Along with this, seeing this notebook will keep you motivated to gain weight.
10. Relieve stress
Stress is the root cause of more than half of the problems. Whenever one is under stress, the weight may increase or decrease. Also, there can be other types of physical problems as well. So, if someone is thinking of gaining weight, then first of all he should try to get out of stress. Meditation can be done to relieve stress. Apart from this, you can dance or listen to any music of your choice.
11. Adequate Sleep
Of course, eating a healthy and balanced diet, doing regular exercise and yoga and taking necessary supplements is beneficial, but adequate sleep is also necessary to give complete rest to the body. Experts also say that to stay fit and healthy, it is necessary to sleep for seven to eight hours a day. This can remove the tiredness of the day and the body can be ready to work with full energy the next day.
12. Motivate Yourself
There is no doubt that gaining weight is more difficult than losing weight. Therefore, increase the diet and exercise as much as the body can tolerate. If someone does more than his capacity, then there can be loss instead of profit. Along with this, it is also necessary to be patient, because it is good only if the weight increases gradually. According to experts, if a person follows this weight gain diet chart continuously for 30 days, then his weight can increase by about one and a half kilos per month. If someone’s weight increases more than this in a month, then it can prove to be harmful for health. Keep in mind that every person’s body and its needs are different. So, everyone should set their goals according to their health. The diet chart and rules for weight gain may be slightly different for women.
Next, we are telling why the weight is reduced.
Know the reasons for losing weight
The normal weight of both men and women is scientifically determined according to their age and height. If someone’s weight is 15-20 percent less than normal, then such people are considered underweight. Let us understand this with an example. Suppose a woman’s age is between 26-30 and height is between 148-151 cm, then the weight should be around 47 kg. If the weight remains below 40 kg (15%) or 37 kg (20%), then it will be called underweight. The BMI (Body Mass Index) of a 47-year-old female should be 20.6 kg/sq.m. When weight is lost, BMI also tends to decrease.
On the other hand, if the age of a male is between 25-50 and the height is around 176 cm, then the normal weight should be around 70 kg. If the weight is 60 kg (15%) and 57 kg (20%), then it will be considered underweight ( 7 ).
Come, now let us know that due to which the weight is reduced.
- Hyperthyroidism: There is a butterfly-shaped gland in the neck called the thyroid. The hormones released from it make the body parts operate properly. In hyperthyroidism, excessive hormones are produced, due to which the metabolic level starts deteriorating, the heart does not work properly and the weight also starts decreasing ( 8 ) .
- Cancer: Weight loss starts even after having cancer. Also, there can be problems like tiredness, loss of appetite and nausea ( 9 ).
- TB: Even after getting caught in this disease, the weight decreases rapidly ( 10 ). Along with this, you may have to face problems like cough, excessive tiredness and night sweats. If someone is continuously losing weight due to TB, then the doctor should be informed about it immediately. The doctors will treat him accordingly.
- HIV AIDS: People who suffer from HIV AIDS, their weight also starts decreasing gradually ( 11 ). Therefore, once it is confirmed, medicines should be taken from time to time as per the advice of the doctor. Along with this, necessary changes should be made in your lifestyle, so that health remains good.
- Kidney disease: If someone repeatedly feels that urine is coming, but even after coming from the rest room, there is a feeling of urine coming, then there may be a sign of kidney failure. This can cause problems like decreased ability to hold urine, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, strange taste in the mouth, skin rashes and itching, and ammonia smell in the breath. In addition, appetite may also decrease, leading to weight loss ( 12 ) ( 13 ).
- Medicines: Some antibiotics are such that they work to reduce appetite ( 14 ). Due to loss of appetite, a person is not able to eat properly, due to which the body does not get the necessary nutrients. Therefore, before taking any medicine, do ask your doctor once.
- Imbalance in food: Whenever someone does not eat nutritious food at a fixed time, he can become a victim of diseases like anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. Both of these are eating disorders. The patient suffering from this continues to be afraid of being overweight or underweight. Such people are always worried about their weight and keep thinking about deteriorating body shape. In a way, it can be said that it is also a disease related to mental disorder ( 15 ) ( 16 ).
- Deficiency in enzymes: Digestive enzymes are very important for the digestive system and absorption of nutrients. Physical development takes place only with their help. When the inner walls of the stomach are unable to use digestive enzymes properly, it can increase the risk of weight loss. At present, more precise research is needed regarding this.
- Genetic: To some extent, family background can also be a reason for underweight. If someone’s family members are underweight, then it can be inferred that he too has to face this problem.
- Bad liver: When the liver is bad, the body does not get the necessary nutrients. Due to this also the weight starts decreasing. To avoid this problem, distance should be maintained from alcohol and cigarettes.
information yet to be found
In the last part of the article, we are telling what health problems can occur due to weight loss.
Health problems caused by being underweight
- Weak Immunity: Being underweight can weaken immunity. If the immunity does not work properly, the person may soon fall prey to other diseases. As soon as there is a slight change in the weather, the effect on health is visible. Apart from this, there is also a possibility of dangerous diseases like cancer.
- Anemia: Deficiency of iron in the body can lead to anemia. In such a situation, a person who is underweight often feels tired. He is not able to eat properly, due to which he does not get enough nutrients and there is a lack of energy in the body. As a result, the amount of blood in the body also starts decreasing and a disease like anemia takes place in the body.
- Fertility issues: Being underweight in women can also affect fertility. This makes the menstrual cycle irregular and makes it difficult for the woman to conceive. Even if she gets pregnant, there is a possibility of miscarriage. At the same time, men who are underweight may have to face sexual problems. They may have pain during sexual intercourse, the quality of sperm may decrease and there may be problems like erectile dysfunction.
- Weak bones: Due to osteoporosis, both women and men can face low weight. This happens due to change in hormones and deficiency in vitamin-D and calcium. Osteoporosis is a disease related to bones, in which the possibility of fracture increases manifold.
For lean people, increasing weight is not a difficult task. All you need is to set your goal and have patience to achieve it. You should eat balanced and nutritious food and keep taking necessary supplements on the advice of your doctor. This will not only increase your weight, but will also keep you healthy. Also, do exercise regularly.