Let’s know about Strawberry during pregnancy. It is most important to consume a nutritious diet during pregnancy. At such a time, many types of nutritious food are given to the woman and fruits are also one of them. If we talk about fruits, then there is no dearth of healthy and tasty fruits. Red-red strawberries are included in them. Now the question arises whether it is safe to eat strawberries during pregnancy or not? In such a situation, we are giving information about what happens after eating strawberries during pregnancy. Also, we will tell whether there are benefits of eating strawberries during pregnancy or not. So keep reading this article for every information related to eating Strawberry during pregnancy.
Let us know whether it is safe to eat strawberries during pregnancy or not.
Is It Safe To Eat Strawberry During Pregnancy?
Yes, it is safe to eat strawberries during pregnancy. Actually, during pregnancy, women are advised to include Vitamin-C in their diet. According to a research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), it may be useful for pregnant women to include vitamin-C rich foods, such as strawberries, in their diet to increase the absorption of iron in the body.
Now we will talk about the quantity of strawberries a pregnant woman should consume in a day.
How Many Strawberry Can You Eat In A Day During Pregnancy?
There is no doubt that any food should be consumed in a limited quantity. Especially when it comes to pregnancy. Along with the right food in pregnancy, it becomes necessary to have the right quantity as well. However, there is no scientific research on the amount of strawberries to be consumed during pregnancy. At the same time, 3 to 4 servings of berries rich in vitamin-C can be consumed during pregnancy.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a pregnant woman can consume half a cup of berries throughout the day (3) . In such a situation, if we talk about strawberries, then it is a type of berries and on the same basis it can be assumed that a healthy pregnant woman can consume half a cup of strawberries throughout the day. At the same time, medical advice can be taken before consuming strawberries as a precaution.
Scroll to read in which trimester of pregnancy strawberries should be consumed.
In Which Trimester Of Pregnancy Should Strawberries Be Eaten?
According to a research paper in the International Journal of Medical Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJMRPS), consuming strawberries in the third trimester of pregnancy can be beneficial. This can increase the level of hemoglobin in the body, which can reduce the risk of anemia in pregnancy (4) . If a pregnant woman wants to consume strawberries from the first trimester, then she must take medical advice once in this regard.
Come, now let us know what are included in the nutrients of strawberries.
Nutrients of strawberries _
Consumption of fruits during pregnancy is beneficial because of the nutritious elements present in fruits . In such a situation, if we talk about strawberry, then it also has many nutrients, which make it so beneficial. We are sharing the information about these nutrients here .
1. Prevention of birth defects
Strawberries can prove to be helpful in reducing problems like birth defects in babies. There is no doubt that women need nutrients during pregnancy. These include folate, and having folate or folic acid in pregnancy can help reduce the risk of birth defects in the baby . In such a situation, the consumption of folate-rich strawberries can be useful for both pregnant and the child to be.
2. Prevention of anemia
During pregnancy , a woman is at risk of anemia. Iron deficiency during pregnancy can also be a reason for this. In such a situation, consuming strawberries during pregnancy can prove to be beneficial. Actually, a good amount of vitamin-C is found in strawberries and vitamin-C can be helpful in the absorption of iron in the body.
3. Strengthening the Immune System
It is also necessary for the immunity of the woman to be correct during pregnancy. In such a situation, the consumption of strawberries containing vitamins A and C can prove useful in strengthening the immune power. During this time, strawberries can be a beneficial and tasty option to prevent diseases.
4. For the heart
A woman may also be at risk of heart disease during pregnancy (10) . In such a situation, consumption of strawberries can be beneficial to avoid this. According to research published on the NCBI website, strawberries contain nutrients such as anthocyanins, flavonols, vitamins, and fiber, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease (11 ) . So consuming strawberries can be useful during pregnancy to keep the heart healthy.
Consuming fiber-rich foods during pregnancy can also be beneficial. Fiber can be useful in relieving the problem of constipation in pregnancy (12) . In such a situation, strawberries can be consumed for fiber during pregnancy . It can be helpful in keeping the stomach healthy (9) .
Above we told the benefits of strawberries, now we are giving information about the side effects associated with it.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Consuming Strawberry During Pregnancy?
Many nutrients are found in strawberries, due to which it is considered safe to consume strawberries during pregnancy. However, its excessive consumption can also cause some side effects in pregnancy, which we are giving below.
- If a woman is allergic to strawberries, then they should avoid consuming it. Consuming strawberries can cause itching and swelling in the mouth and throat. Apart from this, there can also be problems of headache, eczema and asthma in pregnancy (13) . If a woman has asthma, then she should consume strawberries only after medical advice.
- High potassium levels during the first trimester of pregnancy may increase the risk of gestational diabetes (14) . Strawberries contain a good amount of potassium, so consuming too much can lead to the risk of diabetes. In such a situation, consume strawberries in the right quantity on the advice of the doctor.
Now let us know about the precautions to be taken while consuming strawberries.
Precautions To Be Taken While Eating Strawberries
It is important to keep a few things in mind while consuming strawberries during pregnancy. This can help in avoiding the harmful effects of strawberries during pregnancy.
- Strawberries are one of the foods that have pesticide use (15) . In this case, always use organic strawberries during pregnancy.
- Wash strawberries thoroughly before eating.
- While choosing strawberries, keep in mind that the strawberries are not rotten.
- To store strawberries, place them in a clean container in the refrigerator. Remember, strawberries don’t keep for long, so eat them fresh or as soon as possible.
- Know further how strawberries can be consumed during pregnancy.
Better Ways To Enjoy Strawberries During Pregnancy
There is no doubt that nutrient-rich strawberries are healthy as well as delicious. In such a situation, it can be consumed in many ways during pregnancy. Here we are sharing some such options of consuming strawberries.
- Strawberries can be eaten whole or cut in both ways by washing them thoroughly.
- It can also be consumed by making mousse.
- You can also eat strawberries along with other fruits in fruit chaat.
- Strawberry juice can be made and drunk, but drink its juice fresh. Avoid consuming packed juices.
- You can also make smoothies out of it.
- Strawberry jam can also be made at home.
- Milk with fresh strawberry shake or homemade ice cream can also be consumed.
After reading this article, you have come to know that there are many benefits of eating strawberries during pregnancy. However, there are some disadvantages of eating strawberries during pregnancy, which can be avoided by taking some precautions. In such a situation, by consuming strawberries carefully, adopt the benefits of strawberries in pregnancy. On the other hand, if a woman has even a slight doubt about eating strawberries during pregnancy, then she must consult a doctor before consuming it. Also, by sharing this article as much as possible, the information related to strawberries in pregnancy should be spread to everyone.