The whole body is exercised in Sarvangasana and that is why it is named Sarva-Anga-Asana = Sarvangasana. By doing this asana, you will always be healthy and there will be no disease of any kind. In this article, the benefits of Sarvangasana and the methods of doing it have been told. Along with this, information about the precautions to be taken during Sarvangasana has also been given in this article. A video related to Sarvangasana has been shared at the end of the article .
Benefits of Sarvangasana
Like every asana, Sarvangasana also has many benefits. Some of them are this:
- Causes strain in the shoulders and neck.
- Sarvangasana balances the thyroid and hypothalamus glands so that proper hormone production can take place in the body. (Read more: Thyroid symptoms in women )
- Strengthens the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Sarvangasana has a positive effect on the digestive organs, which provides relief in constipation .
- This asana reduces wrinkles due to increased blood flow to the face .
- By doing Sarvangasana, the stress of the mind is reduced, which leads to better sleep.
Do this asana before doing Sarvangasana – sarvangasana karne se pehle yeh aasan kare
You can do this asana before doing Sarvangasana, it will open your hamstrings, hips, and thighs in sufficient quantity.
- Setu Bandahasana or Bridge Pose
- Halasana or Plow Pose
- Virasana or Hero Pose
How to do Sarvangasana – sarvangasana karne ka tarika
We are giving here in detail how to do Sarvangasana, read it carefully.
- Lie straight on your back. Keep the hands straight on the ground beside the back.
- While breathing in, lift both the legs and bring them in “Ardha- Halasana “.
- Support the back with both hands keeping the elbows on the ground. Take 1-2 breaths in and out in this posture and make sure that your balance is correct.
- Now lift the torso and other legs and make them in a straight line (see the fourth posture in the picture below). Keep the eye on the nose. If you find it difficult to maintain balance by doing this, then you can also keep the vision on the navel.
- Stay in this posture for 60 to 300 seconds according to your ability and then slowly come down. Take a short time in the beginning (30 seconds is also enough) and gradually increase the time.
easy way of sarvangasana – sarvangasana karne ka aasaan tarika
- If there is less flexibility in your neck, then put a towel under the shoulders, doing this will give relief to the neck.
- If you are having trouble keeping yourself balanced, then you can take the support of the wall.
What are the precautions to be taken while doing Sarvangasana?
- Do not do Sarvangasana if you have diarrhoea , headache , high BP , menstruation or neck injury.
- Since this is a difficult asana, do it in the beginning only under the guidance of a guru.
- Do not put more stress than your physical capacity.