Let’s know about Rose Hips During Pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you should be very careful about what you eat and drink. This does not mean that you are being asked to eat for two, whatever you eat if it is providing enough nutrition to you and the baby is more than enough. Earlier you used to do things of your choice without thinking, but you have to stop yourself from doing so. You have to take extra care about what you eat and drink, you have to consume only and only healthy food and you are advised to do so, so that your child and you remain healthy and safe. It is often recommended for pregnant women to consume hip daily, as it is rich in vitamins and nutrients .are present, which are beneficial for pregnant women. Still, many women have a question that can Rose Hips be safely consumed during pregnancy? Let’s find out!
What is rose hip?
There is a round portion inside the petals of the rose flower, there are rose seeds and they are called rose hips. There are many other names for this fruit, such as Dog Rose Fruit, Rose Hep, Rose Haw, Hip Berries, Hip Fruit, Briar Hop and Hop Fruit. Rose hips are the size of berries, these red colored balls found on the top of the rose stem, it looks much like a crab apple. It is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Dry rose hip and its seeds are used to make medicine, which treats a variety of ailments. Medicine made from rose hips is mostly used to treat diseases like abdominal diseases, osteoarthritis and flatulence.
Is It Safe to Consume Rose Hips During Pregnancy?
Although there is not enough research on how rose hips affect the growing fetus, it is considered an excellent source of vitamins, which are very important for the mother and the baby. Despite this, you are suggested to consult a doctor before consuming it. Often women wonder whether they can use hip oil daily during pregnancy. If used daily on the body, rose hip oil works excellently in reducing stretch marks and moisturizing your skin.
How is rose hip useful to you during pregnancy?
Rose hip helps you in many ways during pregnancy:
1. Helps absorb iron and calcium
Eating rose fruit is very beneficial for pregnant women, as the vitamin C present in it helps the body absorb calcium and iron, both of which are very important for your growing baby.
2. Helps in the production of collagen
Vitamin C present in rose hips also helps in producing collagen, which is very important for the development of the baby, as it helps in the structure of bones, muscles and cartilages.
3. Increases Immunity
Rose hips also contain manganese, selenium, vitamin B complex, potassium, magnesium and vitamin E. Its tea provides strength to fight flu and cold along with increasing your immunity.
4. Contains astringent properties
These properties of rose hip are helpful during pregnancy, as they help control chronic kidney disease and poor bladder, a problem some pregnant women face during the third trimester.
5. Cures the problem of constipation
Pregnant women often face constipation and the pectin and acids in rose hip fruit act as a mild laxative, easing the process of bowel movements and helping to soften stools.
6. Repairs Tissues
The vitamin C found in rose hips is very helpful when it comes to healing wounds or injuries, it helps repair tissues in both the mother and the baby, and activates folic acid helps to do.
7. Reduces stretch marks
If you get stretch marks during pregnancy, you can use hip oil daily, as it is rich in essential fatty acids like omega 3 and 6 and vitamin C, which is excellent in healing stretch marks. works. It is easily absorbed by the skin and moisturizes the skin as well as helps in removing the problem of discoloration.
Side Effects of Rose Hip for Pregnant Women
Rose hip also has some side effects, although they are not very fatal, but still you should be careful. It does not matter whether you are pregnant or not, either way its side effects can affect you. Mentioned below are some of the side effects of rose hip during pregnancy:
- Abdominal pain
- sleep problems
When should you avoid consuming rose hips
Here you are told under which conditions you should not consume rose hip:
- If you have hemochromatosis, a condition in which your body stores too much iron.
- If you have sideroblastic anaemia, in which the bone marrow does not make the normal number of red blood cells.
- If you suffer from thalassemia, a genetically inherited disease in which red blood cells are unable to produce enough hemoglobin.
- If you have kidney stone.
- If you have sickle cell disease. So in such condition, rose hip can make the blood even more acidic due to vitamin C, so it is better to avoid it in such condition.
- If you take Coumadin (warfarin).
- If you have a glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, as the vitamin content may further complicate this condition.
Homemade Rose Hip Tea Recipe
Although there are many benefits of drinking rose hip tea for pregnant women, there are very few studies that show any effects of consuming it on the baby. If you also want to consume hip tea daily, then first consult your doctor and if he allows you, then you can try the method mentioned below at home:
1. Rose Hip Tea Made with Fresh Rose Hips
If you get access to fresh rose fruits, you can try the rose hip tea recipe mentioned here.
- Fresh Rose Hips
How to make:
- Wash and dry the rose hip and separate its upper part.
- After cutting the fruit in half, scoop out the seeds from inside.
- boil some water.
- Place the rose hips inside the hot teapot.
- When the water starts boiling, put rose hips in it.
- To cover the teapot, put a lid on it, keep it like this for about ten minutes every day.
- Strain the healthy and fresh Rose Hip Tea into a cup and enjoy it.
2. Rose Hip Tea made from dried rose hips
If you have dry rose hips available, you can easily make rose hip tea by following the recipe given here.
- 4 tablespoons of dried rose hips
- four cups of water
How to make:
- Put both the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Boil it.
- Once the tea starts boiling, lower the flame.
- After five minutes, switch off the flame, strain the tea and enjoy it.
Despite the health benefits of rose hip, it is suggested that you must take the permission of your doctor before consuming rose hip fruit. Apart from this, during pregnancy, you should consume hip in a limited amount daily (such as eating any fruit or drinking tea). Keep one thing in mind that you should not use rose hip to treat any medical condition, unless you have consulted a doctor about this and he has given you permission to consume it.
Its quantity depends on different people according to different people to treat any condition. Keeping all the things in mind, you also have to keep in mind that consume it only in limited quantity, so that you do not have to face any other problem. By the way, there are not many studies about its effect on the fetus, so most doctors recommend that you do not consume hips during pregnancy, unless you specifically need it. Lie down