Peanut butter is healthy and tasty and you can eat it by applying it to bread slices. If you like eating peanut butter, then obviously, you will want to eat it during pregnancy too. Although peanut butter is healthy and tasty, but still you would not know whether it should be consumed during pregnancy or not. Many say that eating too much peanut butter during pregnancy should be avoided because eating it regularly can cause the baby to be allergic to peanut butter or peanuts during birth. But is it true? Let’s find out.
Is it safe to eat peanut butter during pregnancy?
If you are not allergic to peanuts or peanut butter, then you can eat peanut butter during pregnancy. It contains a lot of nutrition and it is beneficial for the child growing in the womb. However, if you have a slight problem or allergy by eating peanuts, then do not eat it at all. Since peanut butter has an effect on the mother, it also has harmful effects on the child.
Allergies are caused by problems with the immune system. If the parents have allergies, then there are more chances of allergies in the child as well. Such children are prone to allergies early as compared to children who do not have any hereditary allergies. The body is allergic to certain things but it is difficult to find out what it is. For example, if you and your husband are allergic to peanuts but the child is only allergic to pollen, he can happily eat peanut butter. It is important to remember that allergies can be transmitted to a child from both parents, not just the mother. So if the mother is not allergic to peanut butter then it is good for you but if you eat it during pregnancy it can have side-effects.
Benefits of Eating Peanut Butter During Pregnancy
Peanut butter is nothing special, it is just peanut butter. It is high in nutrition and is a great food for anyone. It should be eaten especially during pregnancy. Let us find out what are the benefits of eating it during pregnancy;
- Helps in the development of the baby: Folic acid and folate are very important for the development of the baby growing in the womb. Peanuts are rich in folate and folic acid, so it is recommended to eat them. Eating about 100 grams of peanut butter during pregnancy provides 60% of folate. Two tablespoons of butter contain about 76 micrograms of folic acid. This helps in preventing diseases during birth, brain development and overall development in the child.
- Provides protein naturally: Protein is very important for women during pregnancy and about 100 grams of peanut butter contains enough protein to meet the daily requirement. Pregnant women can eat homemade or organic peanut butter daily for protein, especially for vegetarians for whom sources of protein are very limited.
- Bones are formed: The calcium requirement of women is very high during 9 months of pregnancy and even after that. Peanut butter is rich in calcium and is known to build and strengthen the bones of both the baby and the mother.
- Improves Immune System: Peanut butter also contains iron, vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamin ‘E’ and flu-fighting antioxidants that strengthen the immune system. It is an essential food item for pregnant women who fall ill easily or are weak.
Who should not eat peanut butter
Peanut butter should not be eaten during pregnancy, especially if you are allergic to it. Although it is not as easy as you think. The effect varies depending on whether you are allergic to peanuts. Its effects can be severe or mild. Who should not eat peanut butter, let us know;
- If you have a peanut sensitivity: If eating peanuts gives you gas or digestive issues, then you should avoid peanut butter to protect yourself from discomfort during pregnancy.
- If you have ever had allergies: If you have ever had allergies to peanuts or peanut butter, then you should not consume it at all, especially during pregnancy.
- If you can gain weight during pregnancy: If your doctor says that you can gain weight very fast then you should avoid eating any kind of nuts or butter. These foods are very high in calories. There are about 100 calories in 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter.
Peanut butter is an essential and healthy food item. If you want to eat peanut butter regularly, buy it organic or make it at home. Keep in mind that if you have the convenience, you can also take its supplements. But if eating peanut butter makes you happy, then eat it and keep yourself and your baby happy.