India is a country of many types of medicines and herbs. One of them is the seeds of Kaunch. It is possible that many people have never heard much about kaunch seeds before. Kaunch can get rid of problems ranging from brain related problems to male impotence ( 1, Therefore, we are trying to give detailed information about the Mucuna Pruriens Benefits, also known as Ayurvedic medicine. Here not only the Mucuna Pruriens Benefits, but we will also tell you about the disadvantages of Mucuna Pruriens due to excessive consumption.
We will try our best to give information about the benefits and harms of Mucuna Pruriens with maximum scientific evidence. However, if someone has a serious health problem, we would be of the opinion that they should give first priority to medical consultation. Mucuna Pruriens can be helpful in preventing disease or reducing their symptoms, so do not mistake it as a complete treatment for any disease.
What are Kaunch seeds?
The scientific name of Kaunch seed is Mucuna pruriens. Apart from this, the names of Kaunchch are Kapikachhu, Kiwanch, Cowhaij, Kovanch, Alkushi, Kauncha and Kavach etc. There are two types of kaunches, one that is wild and the other which is cultivated. There is a lot of fur in the jungle, coming in contact with which there can be a problem of itching or burning in the skin. At the same time, the one that is cultivated, does not have much hair and that coch is also known as Velvet Beans. For years its leaves, seeds and roots are being used to make medicine in Ayurveda. If the question comes to mind that what are the benefits of Kaunch seeds, then after reading this article you can get the answer.
Now it is time to know about the benefits of Kaunch Beej. In this part of the article, we are trying to give information about what can be the benefits of Kaunch seeds for health.
Benefits of Mucuna Pruriens
In this part of the article, we are trying to answer this question of the readers, ‘What are the seeds of Kaunch’. Read below how Kaunch seeds can be beneficial for health:
1. Benefits of Kaunch Seeds for Parkinson’s
Talking about the benefits of eating Kaunch seeds, the first name in it is that of Parkinson’s. Actually, Parkinson’s is a disease related to the nervous system. It occurs when nerve cells in the brain do not make enough of a brain chemical called dopamine ( 2, In this case, the patient may have shivering, body aches and difficulty in walking. Although this disease can occur in old age, but sometimes it can also be genetic and young people can also have it.
In this situation, a cup can be a good option. According to the study published on the website of NCBI, Kaunch seed has been found to be very effective for Parkinson’s. It has anti-Parkinson properties, as it contains an amino acid called L-dopa- Levodopa. These amino acids can be very effective for Parkinson’s, so the use of quince can prevent or have a significant effect on Parkinson’s problem ( 1 ).
2. Benefits of Mucuna Pruriens for Good Sleep
Getting enough sleep is essential for everyone. If sleep is not complete, then not only physical, but also mental problems can occur ( 3 ). In such a situation, Kaunch seed can also be beneficial for sleep related problems. Actually, according to a research published on the website of NCBI, if Velvet beans are consumed with Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum), then the problem of insomnia can be relieved ( 4 ). At present, research on this is very limited. In such a situation, its effect on everyone should be the same, it is not necessary.
3. Benefits Mucuna Pruriens for Impotence
Like women, men also face the problem of infertility. The reason for this can be obesity, smoking, alcohol consumption and hormonal changes ( 5 ). Whatever be the reason, but the seeds of kaunch can be the remedy for this problem. According to the report of a research done on infertile men on this topic, an improvement in sperm count has been seen by the consumption of Kaunch seeds ( 6 ).
In such a situation, its use can not only protect sperms from damage, but can also help in removing the problem of infertility ( 1 ) ( 7 )., Apart from this, sometimes stress can also affect the quality of semen (sperm) and can lead to the problem of infertility. In such a situation, Kaunch Beej can also be helpful in reducing mental stress or stress and can prevent the problem of infertility ( 8 ). Talking about the benefits of eating kaunch seeds, this is one of its main benefits.
4. Benefits Mucuna Pruriens for Diabetes
Talking about the benefits of Kaunch seeds, it can also be beneficial for diabetes. According to a study done on rats, kaunch seeds, which have been used for the treatment of diabetes for years, may be beneficial. It may act as an antidiabetic agent.
5. Benefits of Mucuna Pruriens to Prevent Depression
In today’s time people face problems like change in mood and lack of concentration. These can be symptoms of depression ( 10 ) ( 11 ). In such a situation, it is important to pay attention to it in time. Kaunch seeds can also be beneficial for problems like depression. Actually, according to the study done on rats on this topic, anti-depressant properties are present in the quail ( 7 ) ( 12 ). In such a situation, the consumption of Kaunch can be helpful in preventing or reducing depression.
6. Kaunch Beej for Concentration
Talking about the benefits of eating Kaunch Beej, it also includes improving concentration. Many times, due to stress and anxiety, people’s attention cannot be focused on important tasks. In such a situation, Kaunch seeds can be helpful in curing the problem of lack of concentration to some extent. Actually, kaunch seeds can be helpful in reducing mental stress and it also has anti-depressant properties. The hydroalcoholic extract present in Kaunch Beej may be the reason ( 7 ) ( 8 ). In such a situation, it can be a possibility that its consumption can calm the mind and improve concentration.
7. Benefits of Kaunch for Body or Back Pain
Due to today’s lifestyle and hectic routine, many people complain of pain in the body. If there is a problem of pain in the body or in the back, then it becomes difficult to do everyday tasks. At the same time, frequent use of painkillers is also not right. In such a situation, Ayurvedic medicines and natural remedies can prove to be beneficial. Kaunch is also one of such Ayurvedic medicines. The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties present in it can help in relieving pain ( 7 ). However, there is no exact scientific study about this, so its effects may vary from person to person.
8. Benefits Of Eating Kaunch Beej For Epilepsy
Epilepsy is a disease related to the nervous system, in which the patient starts having seizures. There can be many reasons for this, such as – due to the consumption of certain medicines, sometimes due to injury on the head, due to meningitis etc. ( 13 ) ( 14 ). In such a situation, the consumption of Kaunch can prove to be helpful in this disease, due to which anti-epileptic properties are present in Kaunch, due to which the problem of epilepsy or its effect can be reduced ( 1 ) ( 7 ) ( 15 ). Although it may reduce the effect or symptoms of epilepsy, but do not mistake Kaunch for the treatment of epilepsy. Along with this, if you want to give a chance for any type of tour, then it is better to find out the reason for the seizure first. After that give Kaunch seeds only after medical advice.
9. Benefits of eating Kaunch Beej for increasing weight
Nowadays almost every other person is troubled by the problem of weight gain or obesity. This problem is common due to poor lifestyle and wrong diet ( 16 ). In this situation, proper diet and exercise are necessary, but if Kaunch is consumed together, then it can be beneficial in reducing weight. According to research done on rats on this topic, anti-obesity effects of kaunch seed have been revealed ( 17 ). In such a situation, if used with the right lifestyle, the use of Kaunch Beej can be helpful in reducing weight.
10. Kaunch Beej Benefits With Antioxidant Properties
Antioxidant properties are also present in Kaunch seeds. Actually, many types of antioxidants are needed to keep the body healthy. Antioxidants can help destroy free radicals that damage the body and may be helpful in keeping the body healthy ( 18 ). In such a situation, if we talk about the consumption of anti-oxidant foods, then it also includes Kaunch Beej. It contains not only anti-oxidants, but also anti-inflammatory .
11. Benefits of Kaunch for Skin
As we had informed at the beginning of the article, there are tears in the cup. If they come in contact with the skin, there may be a problem of itching or burning. Now in such a situation it is not right to use kaunch seed for skin, but kaunch leaves can be beneficial. In a study published on the NCBI website, methanolic extracts present in kauncha leaves have been found to be beneficial for skin problems ( 1 ). Of course, in this scientific research, kaunch leaves have been found beneficial for the skin, but it is better to take expert advice before using it.
12. Benefits of Kaunch for Cholesterol
Hypercholesterolemia i.e. high cholesterol can be the cause of many other diseases such as heart disease and diseases related to arteries. In such a situation, it is necessary that the cholesterol of the person is controlled and in this work, the seeds of kaunch can be beneficial. According to a research done on this topic, anticholesterol activity has been confirmed in the seeds of the kauncha. It can reduce LDL (low-density lipoprotein) ie harmful cholesterol and increase HDL (high-density lipoprotein) ie good cholesterol. In such a situation, it can act as a useful medicine for cholesterol patients.
After knowing the benefits of Kaunch seeds, now it is time to know about the nutritional elements of Kaunch seeds. In this part of the article, we are trying to give information about the nutrients of Kaunch Beej only.
Nutritional Elements of Kaunch Beej
Many types of nutritious elements are present in the seeds of Kaunch, in which nutritious elements like calcium, potassium, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and iron are prominent. Some other nutrients are as follows
All these nutrients of kaunch seeds can help in keeping a person healthy.
The benefits of Kaunch seed will be available only when it is used properly. So, below we are telling how to use Kaunch Beej.
How to Use Kaunch Beej
This question must be arising in the minds of many people that how to consume Kaunch seeds, so here are the different ways to use Kaunch seeds:
- If there is a dilemma in the mind that how to consume Kaunch seed, then let us tell that Kaunch seed can be used by making a decoction.
- The leaves of Kaunch can be rubbed and applied on the skin like a paste, but also take expert advice in this regard.
- Kaunch Beej can also be used as medicine. Actually, these seeds are also available in medical stores. You can also consume it in the form of capsules or tablets, but take it only after consulting a doctor.
- Kaunch seed powder is also available in the market, so it can be consumed with water.
- Not only water, but Kaunch Beej Powder can also be consumed with milk.
Powder of kaunch seeds is available in the market, yet if anyone is wondering how to make powder of kaunch seeds for the benefits of kaunch churna, then we are also sharing here the method of making powder of kaunch seeds. . Knowing its method, you will be able to use Kaunch Beej in the form of powder easily.
How to make Kaunch Seed Powder
In this article, the answer to the question of how to make kaunch seed powder is also present. Read below, the easy method of making kaunch seed powder. The method of purifying kaunch seeds before making kaunch beej powder is also given:
- Take kaunch seeds as per the requirement.
- Take cow’s milk in more quantity than that, if you want, you can also use packaged milk.
- The same amount of water as you are taking milk.
- Now boil milk by adding water and kaunch seeds.
- Boil it till the shells of the kaunch seeds come out.
- While boiling, take out the seeds of any one cup and check whether the peel is coming out soft or not.
- If the peels start coming out easily, then turn off the gas and keep the seeds to cool.
- When all the seeds have cooled down, remove the skin from all the seeds.
- After peeling off, they will become white cochlear seeds.
- Then throw the peels in such a place where no animal can eat them.
- After removing the skin, let the seeds dry for a few days.
- After drying the seeds, grind them to make powder.
After the method of making powder of Kaunch seed, now let’s talk about its dosage.
Kaunch Seed Dosage
Talking about the amount of consumption of Kaunch Beej, then 5 grams of Kaunch Beej powder can be consumed daily ( 22 ). Its quantity also depends on the age and health of the person. In such a situation, it is better to take medical advice about this once.
There are benefits to eating Kaunch Beej, so there are also disadvantages due to its excessive consumption. In this part of the article, we are giving information about the disadvantages of Kaunch Beej.
Disadvantages of Kaunch Beej
Read below about the disadvantages of Kaunch Beej:
- Kaunch seed has anti-diabetic properties ( 7 ). In such a situation, if someone is already taking diabetes medicines, then the amount of sugar can be excessively low. Take precautions and take medical advice before taking kaunch seeds.
- Pregnant women or lactating women should not consume it, the effect of Kaunch is hot, which can harm the pregnant and the child.
- The benefits of Kaunch or Kaunch Beej Powder are not for children, so keep Kaunch away from children.
- If it has nutrients, it also has anti-antinutrition effects ( 1 ) ( 20 ). Therefore, overconsumption of it can also lead to nutritional deficiencies and weakness in the body.
- An amino acid called L-dopa- Levodopa is abundant in Kaunch Beej ( 1 ). In such a situation, excessive consumption of this amino acid can also cause problems with nausea, headache, excessive sleepiness ( 23 ).
- Precautions should be kept in mind before taking kaunch seeds to avoid harm. People believe that spicy food should not be eaten with kaunch seeds. In such a situation, it is better to take expert advice in this regard and only then it should be consumed, otherwise instead of the benefit of Kaunch Beej Powder, it may also cause harm.
Hope that after reading this article on the benefits and harms of Kaunch Beej, many people must have got information about this medicine. Here the readers have also been made aware of the disadvantages of Kaunch Beej. Therefore, keeping in mind the harm of kaunch seeds, it should be consumed in the right way. If anyone is troubled by any of the problems mentioned in this article, then by paying attention to the Mucuna Pruriens Benefits, use it accordingly. However, if someone is taking any particular medicine or is suffering from any serious health problem, then it is better to consult a doctor or specialist once before consuming Kaunch Beej.