You must be mostly paying attention to the beauty of your face. Seeing even the slightest blemish on the skin of the face, you are in a hurry to remove it as soon as possible. But take a look at your hands and feet too. Now tell me, do you find your hands and feet better looking than your face. Probably not, because you are busy beautifying your face only. So just start paying attention to your hands and feet too. For this, it is necessary to get manicure and pedicure done once a month. But you don’t have to go anywhere for this. Even sitting at home, you can do manicure pedicure by yourself.
But before that today we will tell you what is Manicure Pedicure, how to do it, how to do it at home and the benefits of doing Manicure Pedicure.
So let’s start the work of making your hands and feet beautiful –
What is manicure and pedicure
What is manicure –
Manicure is a beauty treatment, especially for hands and nails. After getting a manicure done, your hands start to feel very clean, soft and beautiful. This treatment consists of procedures like shaping, polishing, filing and clipping. Due to which your hands and nails start to look very shiny and young. Manicure is available for both men and women.
What is Pedicure?
Pedicure is a beauty treatment for toes, feet and nails. After getting a pedicure done, your feet and toes become absolutely clean and soft, along with the dirt is also removed from the nails. The heels are also scrubbed in a pedicure, which removes the dead cells there. After the whole process is over, nail polish is finally applied on the nails of the feet. Pedicure is also available for both men and women.
How to do manicure and pedicure
Manicure and Pedicure for hands and feet can be done in these best ways –
Right way to do pedicure
- Gather all the supplies – To do a good quality pedicure, you need a few basic supplies. First of all, a small tub or bucket and water, nail cutter, nail filer, cuticle stick / ice cream stick, nail buffer, pumice stone , scrubbing Before applying the nail polish, apply a base coat and nail polish of your choice. Apart from this, you should also keep other things like salt to put in water , cuticle trimmer, cuticle oil and lotion to massage.
- Remove the previously applied nail polish – To do a pedicure, it is necessary to first clean the previously applied nail polish, otherwise, it will be difficult to apply nail polish over it and the nails will also look ugly. You can use acetone remover, or nail thinner, to remove nail polish. Keep in mind, every bit of polish should come off the nails.
- Begin by soaking (soaking or softening) your feet – fill a tub or bucket with warm water and add salt or essential oils if you wish. This will give even more benefits to your feet. Now put your feet in it and you can sit comfortably. Let your feet soak in the hot water for at least ten minutes. With the help of hot water, the accumulated dirt and dirt in the feet will be removed easily. This will also help soften your nails and cuticles.
- Cut and shape your nails – Now start trimming and shaping your nails. But keep in mind, cut the nails so much that the white layer is visible on them. The shape of your nails should be straight from the front. After cutting the nails with nail cutter, use a filer to give them the right shape. You can make your nails according to whatever shape you like.
- Prep your cuticles – Although this step is optional, it takes a lot of time and prepares the nails for polish. Use an ice cream stick or cuticle stick to remove the cuticles of each nail. If you have a cuticle trimmer, you can trim more cuticles with it. Then apply cuticle oil on the nails to bring moisture to them.
- Smooth the top layer of the nails – Use a filer to correct the shape of the nails from the top. Pay close attention to the area of the nail you want to trim neatly.
- Clean the skin of the toes – After the nails, now pay attention to your toes and feet. Use a pumice stone to remove the dirt from the heels. You do not have to scrub this area by rubbing too much, because rubbing can cause irritation on your skin. You can use a scrubbing brush when you need to remove dead skin or grime from the entire paw. Use this brush on your toes and all over your toes. You can also apply soap to clean your feet more thoroughly.
- Lastly polish the nails – again put the feet in the tub and let them swell for ten minutes. Then take the feet out of the tub. Now dry the feet and if you want, you can massage the feet by applying lotion. If you do this, use nail remover again on the nails, as applying lotion will prevent the nail polish from sticking properly.
- Apply base coat on nails first – To maintain nail polish, first apply base coat on toe nails. This will prevent your nail polish from turning yellow. Also, you will get such a base that the nail polish will last for a long time.
- Select the nail polish of your choice – Take the nail polish of your choice and apply it on your finger nails. Start applying the paint near the cuticle first and then move the brush to the front. You can use an ice cream stick to avoid getting the nails out of the skin. With this you can easily wipe off your nail polish. After applying one layer of polish, make sure to apply another layer on top of it.
- Dry the nail polish thoroughly – After applying nail polish, wait for a few minutes for it to dry and once again apply nail polish over it. This will set your polish in place and make it last longer. When you feel that the nail polish has completely dried and there is no mark on touching it, then the process of doing your pedicure is over. Now you will find your feet very beautiful to see.
Right way to do a manicure
- Collect all the supplies – You will have to spend some money to make beautiful hands. By spending money on these items, you will not have to spend money again and again. Collect everything in one place.
do you want it –
- nail polish remover.
- cotton wool.
- Cuticle pusher or ice cream stick.
- nail trimmer.
- Nail buffer.
- Cuticle oil or hand cream.
- Base coat.
- Nail color.
- Top Coat Polish.
- Clean nails – If you have old polish on your nails, remove it with the help of nail polish remover and cotton. If you have applied gel on your nails, then remove that too with the remover. After removing the polish, wash your nails and dry them thoroughly before starting the manicure.
- Give your nails a perfect shape with trim and filer – Use nail cutter to trim the nails. If you want to keep your nails long, do not cut them. In general, the top layer of your nail should extend slightly outside the fingertip. So that it looks good when applying nail polish. Use a filer to give your nails an even shape.
How to shape nails –
- When you shape your nails, do not rub the nails by rubbing too much. Feel free to use the filer. With this, the fiber of your nails will remain intact and the nails will not become weak.
- There are two popular shapes of nails, straight or round. For straight nails, you have to keep the nails straight from the front and rounded from the sides. For round shaped nails, give a round shape to the nails.
- Make the nails soft – By making the nails soft, you will not have any problem in applying polish. You can also smooth the nails with sandpaper. Gently rub it over your nails. Then rub it around the nails. Then finally give it a good finishing.
How to make nails soft –
- Do not use sandpaper too hard on the nails. Excessive rubbing will make the layer of your nails thinner and the nails will become weak again.
- You can also use sandpaper after you’ve set the cuticles.
- Soak hands in water and cure cuticles – Take hot water in a vessel and then put your hands in it for ten minutes. If you want, you can add scented soap and oil to it. This will soften the cuticles of your nails and make them easier to heal. Now use a cuticle pusher and gently push back the cuticles of the nail.
How to remove cuticles –
- Don’t push back the cuticles too quickly. Also do not let the cuticles break as they protect against nail infections.
- Never use cuticle trimmer. This can cause your nails to bleed.
- Apply oil or cream – Give your both hands a little light massage with cream or oil. Rub the cream or oil into your hands, nails, and fingers. Then leave the hands like this for five minutes. Now remove excess oil or lotion from nails with remover. Due to the presence of lotion or oil on the nails, there is a problem in applying nail polish.
- Now apply base coat – To keep your nail polish on the nails and make it look beautiful, apply a base coat. After applying the base coat, leave it to dry for five minutes. Some base coats leave an unsightly layer after they dry, so your nail polish helps cover that up.
- Apply nail polish – Before applying nail polish, gently swish the nail polish bottle between your hands for ten seconds. This will prevent any bubbles from forming in the bottle and the color will mix well. Now open the bottle and apply a thin layer of it on the nails. Similarly apply nail on all the nails.
- Let the nail polish dry and apply nail polish again – Before applying the second nail polish, let the first nail polish dry. Then apply nail polish for the second time in the same manner. Then apply top coat nail polish over it. This way your nail polish will last for a week.
How to do Manicure Pedicure at home
You can adopt some of the materials given below for manicure pedicure.
Pedicure at home – How to do pedicure at home
- Scrub for feet made of honey and lemon –
bucket or tub.
Half cup honey
One teaspoon apple vinegar .
One teaspoon lemon juice .
First of all take a bucket or tub.
Now add hot water to it.
Mix half a cup of honey, one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of lemon in warm water.
Then keep the feet in it and leave the feet in it for 15 minutes. This will remove all the dead cells of the feet.
- Scrub for feet made from brown sugar –
One teaspoon brown sugar.
One teaspoon baking soda .
One spoon olive oil .
Now first put hot water in the tub or bucket.
Then add one teaspoon brown sugar, one teaspoon baking soda and one teaspoon olive oil to it.
Now dip your feet in this mixture and leave the feet immersed for 15 minutes.
You can use this foot scrub for elbows or knees.
- Scrub for feet made of camphor, eucalyptus and honey –
8 cups hot water.
1 cup honey
2 cups rock salt .
6 drops of eucalyptus oil .
4 drops of camphor oil.
First mix all the ingredients.
Now take a bucket or tub and pour hot water in it.
Now mix all these ingredients in it and immerse the feet.
Leave the feet in this for 15 minutes.
Now dry the feet well with a towel, apply moisturizer and then wear socks.
(Read more – Home remedies to remove facial wrinkles )
- Scrub made of coconut oil and salt for feet –
One quarter coconut oil .
One quart Vitamin E oil.
One cup rock salt.
First of all, mix salt with coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
Now mix it in the hot water present in the bucket or tub.
Now dip the feet in this and leave the feet immersed for 15 minutes.
(Read more – Remedies for wrinkles under the eyes )
- Scrub made of olive oil and glycerin for feet –
Three spoons of olive oil or almond oil .
One teaspoon coconut oil.
One teaspoon glycerin or essential oil (of your choice).
First heat the olive oil.
Now add coconut oil, any essential oil and glycerin to it.
Now take hot water in a bucket or tub and put this mixture in it.
After pouring, let the feet remain in it for 15 minutes.
You can also massage your feet with this mixture.
How to do manicure at home
- Scrub made of sugar and olive oil –
One spoonful of sugar.
2 tsp olive oil.
First of all mix both the ingredients together.
Now apply this mixture on your hands and scrub gently for five minutes.
Then wash the hands with water.
After washing, apply moisturizer to your hands.
- Scrub made of honey, brown sugar and vanilla –
One spoon honey.
One teaspoon brown sugar.
Two teaspoons vanilla.
Mix all the ingredients together.
Now apply this mixture on your hands and massage for five minutes after applying.
Now wipe off the scrub and wash your hands with water.
Apply moisturizer after washing.
- Scrub made of creamy milk –
Half a cup of skimmed milk .
First heat water in a vessel.
Now add creamy milk to it.
Then dip your hands in this mixture. Dip your hands like this for ten minutes.
You can also use a scrub brush on your hands in between.
Scrub the scrub brush thoroughly on the hands, fingers and around the nails.
Then after drying the hands, apply moisturizer or almond oil on them.
- Scrub made of honey and egg for hands –
A few drops of honey.
an egg _
One teaspoon glycerine.
One spoon of barley powder.
(Read more – Benefits of barley water )
Firstly mix all the ingredients together and make a smooth paste.
Now wash your hands and apply this mixture again on your hands.
Massage for some time after applying.
Then leave it like this for five minutes.
Then wash the hands with water.
- Scrub made of tomato and gram flour –
One spoon gram flour.
One spoon curd.
One spoon turmeric .
One teaspoon olive oil.
First of all mix all the ingredients together.
Now apply this soft paste on the hands properly.
Then massage for some time after applying.
After massaging, leave the paste like this for five minutes.
Then wash the hands with water and then apply moisturizer.
Benefits of manicure and pedicure
Some of the benefits of manicure and pedicure are as follows –
- Benefits of Manicure and Pedicure for Skin Health –
Our hands are surrounded by dirt all day long outside. Similarly, our feet also walk in the middle of the dust and mud throughout the day, on which dirt and other problems start appearing on the skin. Manicures and Pedicures help exfoliate the skin on your hands and feet, leaving the skin looking soft and squeaky clean. Pedicure helps in exfoliating and manicure removes dead skin cells. This way your hands always remain healthy.
- Fungal infection of nails is cleared by manicure and pedicure –
Generally, due to excessive moisture in the nails of the hands and feet, the fungal infection starts spreading. Although, the symptoms of this type of fungal infection appear around two weeks, but you can prevent the initial symptoms of this infection with the help of manicure and pedicure. It is considered a very good treatment to keep the nails of hands and feet healthy.
- Manicure and Pedicure improves blood flow –
Manicure and Pedicure involves massaging the skin with exfoliation, moisturizing and cuticle treatment. By massaging, you get a lot of relief, as well as the flow of blood is also fast. This cures pain in hands and feet that occurs in winter .
- Mentality remains healthy with manicure and pedicure –
The best way to always feel comfortable is with a manicure and pedicure treatment. Manicure and Pedicure gives your mind a break from stress and worries and also keeps hands and feet beautiful.