A question often asked about Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is whether its use makes the color of the lips darker? Chapped lips are a common problem in winter. Cracked and dry lips also cause pain. In such a situation, most people use Vaseline jelly to soften dry lips. Vaseline jelly is the simplest and most successful recipe to maintain the moisture of the lips. In winter, people often keep a box of Vaseline with them and use it as soon as the lips become dry. A question often asked about Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is whether its use makes the color of the lips darker? Is Vaseline responsible for darkening of lips? Today we will try to answer this question.
Does Vaseline darken lips?
There are different answers to the question of whether Vaseline thickens the color of lips or not. Some people say that after applying Vaseline, the color of the lips becomes darker but the main reason behind it is not Vaseline but rubbing of the lips while applying Vaseline. We all know that when we use mineral oil on our skin, it makes our skin color darker. In many studies, the main reason for this has been said to be mineral oil’s attraction to the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
A Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology reports that mineral oil and all lubricants, including Vaseline, are used to enhance the effect of ultraviolet rays in the treatment of psoriasis. In this treatment, mineral oil tries to reduce the emission of ultraviolet rays by making the rough skin smooth. This means that in this treatment the skin absorbs more and more ultraviolet rays. Now everyone knows that ultraviolet rays are the cause of browning, thickening and blackening of the skin. In such a situation, it is normal for the skin to become black. Similarly, if you apply Vaseline petroleum jelly on your lips and go in the sun, it definitely darkens the skin of your lips.
Follow these 5 home remedies to get rid of chapped lips
It is generally believed that the problem of chapped lips occurs in winter but this is not true. Lips can crack at any time. Even in this season, you must be noticing that your lips crack a lot. Along with the environment, one’s own habits are also responsible for chapped lips. One of the main causes of chapped lips is not drinking enough water and keeping yourself hydrated. Also, there are many home remedies that can give you relief from chapped lips. You can make your lips beautiful by using these measures.
Start your day like this
Start taking care of your lips as soon as you wake up in the morning. Gently scrub off the dead skin cells from your lips. This dead skin can prevent your lip balm from reaching and moisturizing the new skin. You can make your own lip scrub with ingredients like sugar or sea salt with honey.
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. They contain fatty acids that hydrate and condition your lips, making them soft and supple. Apply 1-2 drops of coconut oil on your lips two or three times a day.
Honey and Vaseline :
Vaseline or petroleum jelly not only keeps the skin soft but also nourishes it. It prevents the skin from drying. Mixing both Vaseline and honey provides better nourishment for chapped lips. Apply this mixture on the lips, leave it for 10-15 minutes and wipe it with cotton. You can apply it once daily.
green tea bags
Green tea does not cure chapped lips but it can provide relief from the irritation caused by dryness. Soak the green tea bag in hot water for a few minutes and apply it on your lips. You can leave it on the lips for a while.
Cucumber can be your best friend during summers. Cucumber is an excellent hydrating agent to treat your dry and chapped lips. Rub the cucumber juice gently on your lips for a minute or two and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Do this once or twice a day.
Ways to prevent chapped lips
Hydrate – Since dehydration causes lips to become dry, flaky and cracked. Therefore, keep yourself hydrated by drinking water and natural fruit juices throughout the day.
Do not lick the lips – You think that licking the lips keeps them moist but your lips become further dry after coming in contact with saliva. Many lip products contain chemicals that can dry out your lips. Choose products that do not contain fragrances, colors, or alcohol.
Use of Vaseline is not limited to applying it only on lips, know 19 ways of using it.
Everyone is aware of Vaseline, there is no one in whose house Vaseline has never been brought. But do you use Vaseline only to apply it on dry lips? Most people do this here. Because they do not know that Vaseline can be used in many other ways.
Let us know in what other ways Vaseline can be used and its amazing benefits:
1. It protects your skin from dryness, and keeps it soft and supple.
2. Provides relief from chapped lips, and by mixing it with the pulp of strawberry or any other fruit, you can prepare a natural lip balm at home to apply on the lips.
3. It also helps you in healing dry elbow cracks and also removes blackness of elbows.
4. If you want to make your eyelashes look long and beautiful, then just a little Vaseline will fulfill your wish.
5. If you want to retain the fragrance of the perfume on your body, then apply a little Vaseline along with the perfume on your wrists and neck and rub it. By doing this the fragrance will remain with you for a long time.
6. If you are going to a wedding or party, then Vaseline can be a better solution to hide broken and split ends. Rub it in both hands and apply it gently on the hair.
7. Vaseline can help you in making old shoes new. Try rubbing a little Vaseline on your shoes, the shoes will start shining and look like brand new.
8. You can use Vaseline as a make-up remover. To remove your makeup, simply apply a little Vaseline, wipe it off with cotton, and wash your face.
9. If the skin on any part of the body or around the nails becomes loose or stretched, you can even out the skin by applying Vaseline.
10. While coloring the hair, apply Vaseline thoroughly near the hair line. With this the dye will not color your skin and your skin will remain safe.
11. After shaving, use Vaseline on the face, this will soften the skin and dryness will also disappear.
12. If you want to enjoy the real pleasure of bathing, then mix some sea salt in Vaseline and massage it on the body, then take a bath with lukewarm water. You will be filled with a more refreshed feeling than before.
13. If you are not able to go inside the ear easily while wearing the earrings, then just apply a little Vaseline on that place, and wear the earrings very easily.
14. If you are bored of using your eyeshadow or blusher as a powder, and want a creamy shade, then all you have to do is add Vaseline to the old eyeshadow or blusher. Now the creamy shade is done.
15. If you are going to a function or party, and do not want lipstick on your teeth, then apply a little Vaseline on your teeth. This will prevent the lipstick color from appearing on them and will also increase their shine. This method is also used in beauty competitions.
16. If you are making your eyebrows with plucker, then apply a little Vaseline. The hair will also come out properly, and your skin will remain soft.
17. Whenever an old nail polish has to be applied, one has to work hard to open its lid because it gets jammed. To avoid this, apply some Vaseline on the inside of the lid, next time the lid will open easily.
18. You can also use Vaseline to make your eye-brows shiny, they will shine instantly. Apart from this, it is also very effective in adding shine to hair and solving their tangles.
19. Vaseline is a good option to improve cracked and dry heels. Mixing Vitamin C capsules in it and applying it will not only heal the cracks in your heels, but will also make them soft and shiny.