Ashwagandha or Withania somnifera has been considered an adaptogenic herb. It has been used in Indian and African traditional medicine for years. Adaptogens are believed to help the body overcome all kinds of stress, from mental to physical. Ashwagandha is considered useful for weight gain. How and when it is taken is responsible for weight gain. Many researches have proved that weight can be increased by consuming Ashwagandha. At present, more research is being done on this. For weight gain, Ashwagandha should be taken with a cup of milk at least 20 minutes before or after breakfast.
How to use Ashwagandha for weight gain?
Ashwagandha can be consumed in the form of root, tablet and powder. For weight gain, Ashwagandha is taken in the form of powder, mixed with honey or ghee. Let us know in detail, how to use Ashwagandha for weight gain-
- Due to the strong smell of Ashwagandha, it can be difficult to consume it raw. In such a situation, to make it more tasty, people consume it by mixing it with milk, honey or ghee . It also increases the nutritional value of Ashwagandha and helps in gaining weight.
- After roasting Ashwagandha powder in ghee, mix 1 date or 1 teaspoon sugar in it and consume it. This can help in gaining weight.
- Taking Ashwagandha with a cup of milk during the day at least 20 minutes before or after breakfast can help in weight gain. However, Ashwagandha can be taken at any time in the morning, night or day. The timing of taking Ashwagandha depends mostly on personal preferences, tolerance and the type of Ashwagandha.
- Ashwagandha powder can be taken with ghee, sugar or honey to gain weight. Boil Ashwagandha powder in pure desi ghee. You can add a pinch of cardamom to it for better taste and more nutritional value .
- Ashwagandha tea can be prepared by boiling Ashwagandha in milk or making a decoction. Honey can be added to improve the taste of this tea.
- Ashwagandha can also be consumed by mixing it in sweets, salty cookies, Ashwagandha balls and Shrikhand.
- Ashwagandha leaves can also be used to increase weight. Wash Ashwagandha leaves thoroughly and keep them in a tray. Let the leaves dry in the sun for the next two days. Once the leaves are dry, grind it to make a fine powder. Mix half a teaspoon of this powder in a cup of warm water or milk. You can drink this mixture twice a day. Take Ashwagandha Churna with water or milk for a month for long term weight gain.
- Use Ayurvedic Ashwagandha Powder to gain weight. Mix one teaspoon of powder with warm water or milk. You can add some honey to this mixture for better taste. Stir the mixture well and consume it once or twice a day to see effective results.
- To gain weight, take 1 or 2 tablets daily. Swallow these tablets with water.
- Ashwagandha lehyam can also be used to increase weight. This traditional formula is made like jam. Ashwagandha is used as the main ingredient in this. Mix it with sugar or jaggery and ghee to make it . Heat the mixture. You can take six grams of Ashwagandha Lehyam with milk daily. It can be taken one hour before meals or two hours after meals daily.
- Ashwagandha can be taken with Shatavari for weight gain . According to a research, the use of Shatavari along with Ashwagandha is beneficial for weight gain. Shatavari helps in digestion and increases appetite. It provides adequate nutrition to the body to build muscles and gain weight.
Research on Weight and Ashwagandha
Taking Ashwagandha is often recommended for people who are looking for Ayurvedic medicine for weight gain. Let’s know about Ashwagandha for weight gain –
- According to a research, consuming 600 mg of Ashwagandha per day not only increases the strength of muscles, but also helps in increasing their size. Along with this, it was also found that its daily intake does not have any adverse effect. Many researches have also revealed that the effect of Ashwagandha is not immediate, so it may have to be taken for several months before noticing its effects.
- According to another research, Ashwagandha does not have any direct effect on weight gain. However, it helps in removing the root cause, which prevents you from gaining weight. Sometimes the reason for difficulty in gaining weight is stress, poor digestion , weak immune system and poor intestinal health. Loaded with antioxidant , anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, Ashwagandha boosts metabolism, improves digestion and manages stress as well as increases body strength .
Ashwagandha is undoubtedly a natural Ayurvedic herb. It not only gives many health benefits, but consuming it daily with milk, water, ghee or honey can easily increase weight. Of course, Ashwagandha has few or no side effects, but wrong dosage or excessive consumption can cause vomiting , diarrhea or liver problems . Apart from this, pregnant women must consult a doctor before using Ashwagandha in any form.