Let’s know about How to eat guava. Generally all parts of guava are used as medicine. Guava fruit, leaves and its bark are used in different ways to cure diseases and problems.
Guava is cold in nature, it is sweet, sour and astringent in taste. In Ayurveda, guava has been described as a tridosha sedative. This means that guava balances the vata, pitta and kapha doshas. In addition to fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C, minerals like folic acid, potassium, copper, manganese are found in guava. Carotenoids and polyphenols are found in guavas which help them to improve hair and skin along with anti aging and anti cancer properties. There are many other benefits of eating guava, let us know in detail.
Best Time To Eat Amrood
According to Ayurvedic expert doctors, guava has a cooling effect, so it is always recommended to eat it in the afternoon. It is more beneficial to take guava one hour before lunch or 2 hours after meal. Avoid eating it at night, early morning and evening.
Benefits of guava and ways to use it in diseases
- According to the doctor, the leaves are used as a decoction for menstrual cramps, acidity, diabetes, oral problems and hair problems.
- To make a decoction, boil 7 to 10 leaves in a glass of water, when the water remains half, it can be taken on an empty stomach 1 to 2 times a day.
- This decoction can be used as a gargle to treat mouth ulcers, bleeding gums and other oral diseases.
- Washing your hair after cooling this decoction reduces hair fall and makes hair thick.
- Using a paste of leaves provides relief from swelling, fever, headache and joint pain.
- Eating guava as a fruit is the best diet to reduce weight and keep your stomach full for a long time.
- Eating guava reduces the chances of heart diseases and keeps the blood sugar level under control.
- Being rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, it is also useful for skin and hair.
- From period cramps to migraine, guava is also effective in all types of pain.
frequently Asked question
What is the right way to eat guava?
According to Ayurvedic experts and doctors, guava has a cooling effect, so it should not be eaten at night or in the evening. You consume it in the afternoon. It is more beneficial to eat guava one hour before eating or two hours after eating in the afternoon.
Can guava be eaten on an empty stomach?
Fiber is found in guava in abundance, so consuming it on an empty stomach in the morning is helpful in reducing weight. Consuming it on an empty stomach keeps the stomach full for a long time. Due to which you do not feel hungry soon.
When should guava not be eaten?
- People who have gastrointestinal problems should not consume it at all. If you feel vomiting or stomach pain after eating guava, then refrain from eating it. At the same time, people who are suffering from a disease like eczema should also avoid it. This may cause skin irritation.
Which disease is cured by guava?
Eating guava reduces the chances of heart diseases and keeps the blood sugar level under control. Being rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, it is also useful for skin and hair.
How many guavas should be eaten in a day?
Eat guava as a fruit: 1-2 guavas can be eaten in a day according to your appetite.
How many guavas should I eat in a day?
Eating one medium-sized guava (about 55 grams) daily can help you lose weight by preventing unhealthy snacking and overeating and thus reducing your calorie intake. Consuming 1 medium guava (about 55 grams) daily can help improve your health.
Can I eat 3 guavas in a day?
One serving of guava a day is safe to consume. Taking more than this may not be a good idea. You can have fruits between two meals or before or after a workout to fuel your body.
What is the effect of guava?
Guava has a cooling effect. This is a panacea to cure many diseases of the stomach. The problem of constipation goes away by consuming guava.
Which is the best time to eat guava?
Guava should be eaten at any time except on an empty stomach. This goes for bananas as well. This is because, if your body is to take advantage of these fruits, there needs to be some food in your stomach to digest and mix it with. Also, keep in mind that you must consume it after 30 minutes of eating food.
What do guava leaves do to a woman?
Taking supplements containing guava leaf extract might reduce menstrual cramps. Results from a 2007 study suggest that taking guava leaf extract supplements may help relieve menstrual pain in women with primary dysmenorrhea.