The feet are the most affected in day to day activities, so their care cannot be ignored. Clean and smooth feet add to the beauty of the body. Currently, pedicure has emerged as a good option for foot care, but the different rates of parlors for getting it done may bother you. You don’t need to be disappointed by this, we are telling how to do pedicure at home, which you can adopt whenever you want.
Come, let us first know what a pedicure is in pedicure
What is Pedicure?
Pedicure is a cosmetic treatment, which works to maintain the health of the feet while removing dust and dead cells from the skin of the feet. This treatment is especially used by women to enhance the beauty of their feet.
In the article, we will know about the benefits of pedicure for feet.
Benefits of Pedicure
Below are the various benefits of pedicure for feet, some of which are as follows:
- Shiny Feet and Nails – Pedicure acts as an effective exfoliant, which easily removes the dead skin from the feet especially the ankles. Along with this , it also does nail polishing .
- Soothing dry skin – This treatment is also beneficial for cracked heels and dry skin. Pedicure can be soothing by filling in the cracks and removing dead cells from dry skin.
- Relaxing feet – Massage is also adopted in the pedicure method. Massage can provide relief to the feet, especially the soles and ankles.
- Blood flow – Foot massage done in a pedicure can improve blood flow.
After knowing the benefits of pedicure, know further how to do pedicure at home.
How to do Pedicure at Home
It is not necessary that one should always go to the parlor for a pedicure. Pedicure at home can be done in less time and less money. Along with the ingredients of pedicure, know below the easiest and most effective way to do pedicure at home.
Step 1- Make sure the content
Before doing a pedicure, make a list of all the ingredients used in it. Here we are sharing a list of the same items:
- a tub of lukewarm water
- Epsom Salt and Shampoo
- a good foot scrub
- nail clipper
- cuticle pusher
- nail file, for grinding nails
- pumice stone / foot file
- nail scrubber
- nail polish remover
- cuticle cream
- a clean towel
- cotton pad
Step 2 – Remove nail polish marks
To do a pedicure, first remove the nail polish on the nails. For this, put a few drops of nail polish remover on a cotton ball and gently rub it on the nails. After cleaning the nails thoroughly proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Trim and file the nails
- After cleaning the nails, cut off the extra exposed nail parts with a nail cutter. Be careful while cutting your nails.
- Cut the nails evenly, so that they do not look unsightly.
- Do not cut nails deeper than the edge. By doing this, pain will start in them.
- You can also give special shape to the nails, such as square, oval, pointed. To prevent ingrown nails, you can make a round shape.
- After cutting the nails, file the nails slowly with a nail filer and give them a good shape.
Step 4 – Dip the feet in water
After cutting and rubbing the nails, now immerse them in lukewarm water for some time to give rest to the feet. First of all –
- Fill a tub with lukewarm water and add some Epsom salt or mild cleanser to it. The water of Epsom salt works to give a lot of rest to the feet, due to which the swelling and burning in the feet is cured and the feet look soft.
- Instead of Epsom salt or shampoo, lemon juice or a few drops of essential oil can also be added to the water. Lemon and essential oils are rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which can reduce the effects of any kind of bacterial and fungal.
- The process of keeping the feet immersed in warm water is helpful in promoting blood circulation along with relaxing the feet.
- Keep the feet in water for at least 15 minutes and then wipe with a clean towel.
Step 5 – Scrub the feet
- After the feet are dry, apply cuticle cream on the nails and massage gently for some time. When the dead skin softens, remove the cuticle (the skin at the base of the nail) with the help of a cuticle pusher and clean it.
- Now use a foot scrub to remove the dead skin from the feet. Scrub the ankles, soles, toes and the rest of the area gently for about three to four minutes.
If there is no cuticle cream, then you can make it at home. Learn below how to make cuticle cream –
- three tablespoons olive or almond oil
- one tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon glycerin or essential oil of your choice
- Heat olive oil.
- Add coconut oil and essential oil or glycerin to it.
- Let this mixture cool down and store it in a bottle.
- In this way you can make cuticle cream at home.
Know below how to make foot scrub at home –
- two tablespoons brown sugar
- one tablespoon honey
- two tablespoons oatmeal powder
- one tablespoon lemon juice
- a spoonful of olive oil
- Mix oatmeal and brown sugar together.
- Now add lemon juice, honey and olive oil to it and use.
Step 6 – Moisturize the feet
Now the feet are completely clean, but it is very important to moisturize them. Choose a good moisturizer. Gently massage the feet, ankles and nails with moisturizer for about 10 minutes. If there is no moisturizer, you can use olive oil .
Step 7 – Apply nail polish
After moisturizing the feet, you can apply nail polish of your choice. This is the last step of the pedicure. For normal nail polish, you can follow the steps given below:
- Apply a base coat to your nails first. A transparent nail polish can also be applied as a base coat.
- After this, apply the nail color of your choice and let it dry. When the first coat is dry, apply a second coat and let it dry. This will make the nails look more attractive.
After knowing how to do pedicure at home, know further important tips related to it.
Some more tips for doing pedicure at home
Apart from the methods of pedicure mentioned above, you can also follow the other tips mentioned below related to the maintenance of feet, such as –
- If you do not have time to scrub the feet, then you can scrub the feet with a pumice stone twice a week during the bath.
- Keep your nails free of nail polish every now and then. For this, you can choose one or two days in a week.
Caution: If you feel any infection or darkening on your nails, consult the concerned doctor immediately.
Now you must have known how to do pedicure at home. Then what is the delay, soon adopt this easy method and make your feet attractive and beautiful. Also, keep in mind that the nails keep getting rest in between, for which you do not use nail polish for a few days in a week. Hope you liked this home remedy for pedicure. To get more such information related to skin care, you can also read other articles published on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions :
What do you soak your feet in for a pedicure?
For pedicure, feet are soaked in a tub filled with lukewarm water. Half a cup of Epsom salt and lemon is mixed in this water.
How can I do a pedicure for my cracked ankles?
While doing a pedicure for cracked ankles, there are certain things that need to be taken care of. While doing a pedicure, use a pumice stone to scrub the feet with light hands. This makes the heels soft. Note, if the heels are more torn, then instead of doing a pedicure at home, consult an expert.
Which liquid is used for pedicure?
While doing a pedicure, they are soaked in water to remove dirt from the feet. For this, hydrogen peroxide liquid is used in the parlor. At the same time, Epsom salt or a liquid prepared from shampoo and lemon juice is used at home.
What is Manicure Pedicure?
Manicure and Pedicure is a beauty treatment. Manicure is done to beautify the hands and fingers, while pedicure is done to clean the toes and feet.