There are many types of skin and each skin has its own problems. Oily skin is also included in this, oily skin has its own problems, sometimes pimple comes out and sometimes stickiness. In such a situation, when it comes to doing makeup for oily skin, then it is no less than a task. Many times women with oily skin do not take care of their skin type while doing makeup and the result is bad makeup or skin problems. You will get information about how to make makeup for oily skin or what are the things to keep in mind while doing makeup for oily skin, Here we are giving more and more information related to makeup for oily skin. So read this article on makeup for oily skin till the end.
For makeup to look good and last for a long time, you need to work on your skin before makeup. Below we are going to tell how women can prepare their skin before applying makeup for oily skin:
1. Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing
Whether the skin is dry or oily, it is necessary to keep the skin clean for healthy skin. NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) website published has been confirmed in a research on clean skin or the Cleansing Skin prevent problems with acne may be. However, keep in mind that take a cleanser that suits oily skin. Cleanser containing salicylic acid can be chosen for oily skin, as it can relieve the skin from the problem of acne and pimples.
At the same time, the use of toner containing witch hazel has been found useful in research to remove excess oil from the skin. In addition, toners made from guava extract can also be used, as it has anti-sebum properties, which can help reduce excess oil. Like any other skin, oily skin also needs cleansing and toning as well as moisturizing. Moisturizer can reduce problems like skin irritation and help in maintaining proper moisture in the skin. That is why do not forget to do proper skin cleansing before applying makeup and also use moisturizer.
2. Rose Water Spray
Before applying makeup, spray rose water on your face and neck and let it dry. Using rose water can help keep the skin fresh throughout the day. Along with this, it can be helpful in controlling excessive skin oil and balancing the pH of the skin. Not only this, it can also be useful in preventing the problem of acne.
3. Make sure to apply primer
Make sure to use a primer on the face before starting the makeup . In fact, primer acts as a base for foundation, which can help create a layer between the skin and makeup. Primer can also help makeup to last longer. In addition, using a primer can also help reduce hyperpigmentation (freckles – a type of skin patch) and fine lines on the face.
Before applying makeup on any skin type, it is important to know about the ingredients required for makeup. In this part of the article, we are giving information about what ingredients are required for oily skin makeup. So for makeup on oily skin you need:
- blending sponge or brush
- setting powder
- setting spray
In this part of the article, we have explained makeup tips for oily skin very easily, after reading which you can easily do makeup at home too.
Makeup Tips for Oily Skin
If you know the right way to do makeup, then even basic makeup can be done easily at home. Keeping this in mind, we are giving step by step information on how to do makeup for oily skin for our readers. So follow these easy ways to do makeup on oily skin:
1. Apply Foundation
We had given information about applying primer at the very beginning of the article. Now after applying the primer, when the skin is ready for makeup, first of all apply foundation. For better results, mix a little moisturizer in the foundation and apply it like a dot all over the face and neck with the help of a finger. After applying it, blend it by patting it with a blending sponge. For oily skin, choose the foundation according to your skin tone. Keep in mind that the color of the foundation should not be such that it does not suit your complexion. Use a good quality foundation according to your complexion.
Choose foundation according to skin tone
People give a variety of opinions for choosing a foundation according to skin tone, of which doing a patch test on the wrist can be the most common and the best result. Read the tips below to know how you can choose the best foundation for you by wrist:
- Always choose oil free or matte foundation for oily skin.
- Apply 2-3 drops of foundation on the upper part of the wrist.
- Then blend it with the help of fingers.
- Do not put too much pressure on the skin during this time.
- After applying it, see the color of the foundation in sunlight or bright place.
- Only if it matches your skin tone perfectly, then you can buy it.
- At the same time, if it is brighter or darker than your skin color, then do not buy it. This shade can lighten or darken your skin.
- If there is any doubt in your mind, then you can also take the opinion of the beauty expert present in the shop.
2. Apply Concealer Now
Using concealer can help hide dark circles under the eyes. Apart from this, concealer can also prove to be helpful to cover the blemishes on the face . After applying foundation, apply concealer. You can also apply it with the help of brush or finger. Make sure that your concealer matches your skin tone. If the dark circles under your eyes are darker, you can choose a concealer one or two numbers brighter than your skin tone. On the other hand, if the dark circles under the eyes are light, then buy a concealer matching the skin tone. Below is information on how to buy concealer according to skin tone:
Choose a concealer according to your skin tone
- Choose a liquid based concealer for oily skin.
- Do a patch test of the concealer by applying it to the upper part of your wrist.
- Take 2-3 drops of concealer on the wrist area, then blend it in lightly.
- If the skin color is pink, yellow or more white after applying it, then do not select it.
- At the same time, if after applying it completely mixes with the color of your skin, then you can choose it.
- Also, keep in mind that the concealer should match the shade of the foundation.
- If needed, you can also take the opinion of a beauty expert.
3. Set with the help of powder
After applying foundation and concealer, set makeup by applying translucent powder with a sponge. Due to this oily skin looks oil free and makeup can last for a long time.
4. Now do the rest of the makeup
The basic makeup of your face is done, now there is a need to add more shine to it. Now you can complete your makeup by applying matte blush, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. For this, you can choose the color of lipstick and eyeshadow according to your complexion. At the same time, if you are applying dark lipstick on the lips, then keep the eye makeup light. Apart from this, if the eye makeup is dark or smokey, then try a light colored lipstick. If you want, you can also keep your makeup minimal by applying only mascara and light colored lipstick.
5. Give the Final Look with Setting Spray
Now the last step is to set the makeup with the setting spray. After thoroughly applying foundation, concealer and translucent powder and the rest of the eye makeup and lip makeup, use a setting spray on the face lastly. Be careful not to spray too much. A thin layer of it is enough. It can prevent the makeup from melting and with its help your makeup can last for a long time. For oily skin, use an oil-free makeup setting spray. Spray the setting spray keeping it slightly away from the face.
Some More Makeup Tips for Oily Skin
Now you must have got the idea how to do makeup for oily skin. By adopting the above mentioned methods, you can not only get the best look, but can also keep the makeup last for a long time. After explaining how to do makeup for oily skin, below we are giving some other tips, which are as follows:
- Oil free cosmetics – Always choose water based or oil free cosmetics for oily skin. Also, make sure to patch before using any cosmetic or makeup product. To get relief from oily skin, you can also use a cosmetic containing grapefruit seed extract. For oily skin, you can also choose a cosmetic containing green tea.
- Use blotting paper – If you feel that excess oil is coming out while applying makeup, keep setting it with blotting paper. Blotting paper can help remove excess oil from the skin. Apart from this, always keep blotting paper with you, whenever you feel too much oil in the skin, wipe it with blotting paper. It is easily available in the market or online.
- Use a matte compact – If you use a compact while doing makeup for oily skin, then choose it carefully. You can opt for matte compact.
- Exfoliate the skin – Exfoliate the skin 1 to 2 times a week. It can also clean the pores of the skin along with the accumulated dirt and toxins on the skin. For this, you can take the option of herbal exfoliate, for which you can also use home scrub prepared from lemon, cucumber, papaya and moong dal.
- Drink Plenty of Water – Those with oily skin should not only moisturize their skin regularly but also keep it hydrated. For this it is necessary that you drink plenty of water.
- Apply a small amount of powder – It is necessary to apply powder, but its excessive use can have a bad effect. Therefore, while applying makeup for oily skin, apply powder only in small amounts.
- Wash face with lukewarm water – To remove excess oil from oily skin, you can also use lukewarm water and mild soap to wash the face. However, keep an eye on the temperature of the water, as high temperatures can burn the face.
- Medicines – If the problem of oily skin is more, then in some cases taking medical advice can also be a good option. A doctor-given cream or medication may be useful to control or absorb excess oil from the skin.
It is possible that you must have taken many measures before starting makeup for oily skin. Some may have proved effective or some may have caused harm. In such a situation, it is important to choose the right product, but along with it it is also necessary to take proper care of the skin regularly. We hope that the tips mentioned here have helped you to do makeup for oily skin. Now wherever you want to go and do make-up, then follow the above-mentioned method and dominate every party. Also, keep visiting Stylecrase’s website for more skin care related information.
Frequently asked Questions
What is the best way to apply foundation for oily skin?
You can read the detailed method of applying foundation for oily skin here:
- Choose a foundation for oily skin according to the skin tone.
- Take a few drops of foundation on the upper part of your palm.
- Now apply it dot-dot with the finger all over the face and neck.
- Then with the help of blending sponge, blend the foundation all over the skin.
Which is the best primer for oily skin?
For oily skin, you can use a matte or oil free primer. You can buy the primer according to your requirement and from a trusted brand. Nowadays you can easily get different brands and quality primers in the market. If you want, you can also buy primer for oily skin online.
How to remove excess oil from oily skin?
With the help of cleansing, toning and oil free moisturizer, you can easily remove excess oil from your face. While cleansing and toning will help in cleaning the face, moisturizer can provide moisture to the skin. Apart from this, blotting papers can also be used to remove excess oil from the skin.