Let us know about Guava during pregnancy. During pregnancy, women have to take care of their own as well as the health of the unborn child. Therefore, they are advised to refrain from consuming certain food items. At the same time, there are some such foods, whose consumption is considered necessary for pregnant women. Guava is one of these. If you are also fond of eating fruits, then this can prove to be a great option for you. How to use it and how safe it is during pregnancy.
Before getting into other information related to guava, let us know how safe it is during pregnancy.
Is It Safe To Eat Guava During Pregnancy?
Guava is not only safe during pregnancy, but it works to fulfill the deficiency of many essential nutrients in the body during this period, provided it is consumed in a balanced quantity. Along with fruits like oranges, grapes, berries and pineapple, doctors also recommend pregnant women to eat guava.
In the next part of the article, you will know about the quantity of guava to be taken daily.
How Many Guavas Should Be Eaten In A Day During Pregnancy?
As you have been told earlier in the article that a balanced amount of guava proves beneficial for health during pregnancy. At the same time, its excessive amount can also show some side effects. In this case, you can take two servings (two cups of small chopped pieces) of guava per day. During its consumption, if you choose a large guava, then you have to keep in mind that it should not be taken in more than 100 to 125 grams a day.
You have come to know about the quantity of guava to be taken daily, now it is the turn to know at what stage of pregnancy it should be taken.
When Should Guava Be Eaten During Pregnancy?
If the question is arising in your mind that at which stage of pregnancy it should be eaten, then let us tell you that it can be eaten at any stage of pregnancy. You just have to pay special attention to the balanced quantity to be taken, about which you have been told earlier in the article
After getting information about eating it, now it is time to know the nutrients of guava.
Nutrients Of Guava
Come, let us know about the nutrients of guava through the chart below.
|NUTRIENTS _||QUANTITY PER 100 GRAMS|
|Total lipid (fat)||0.95 g|
|Fiber (Total Dietary)||5.4 g|
|vitamin C||228.3 mg|
|Vitamin B-6||0.110 mg|
|Folate (DFE)||49 µg|
|Vitamin A (RAE)||31 µg|
|Vitamin A (IU)||624 IU|
|Vitamin E||0.73 mg|
|Vitamin K||2.6 µg|
|Fatty Acids (Saturated)||0.272 g|
|fatty acids (monounsaturated)||0.087 g|
|fatty acids (polysaturated)||0.401 g|
After knowing about the nutrients of guava, now we will talk about its benefits.
Benefits Of Eating Guava During Pregnancy
There are many benefits of eating guava during pregnancy, some of which we are going to tell you about.
- Improves Immunity- Guava is rich in vitamin C. It improves the process of metabolism in the body. Also helps in increasing immunity. This gives women the strength to avoid many diseases and infections during pregnancy .
- Controls blood pressure- The problem of increasing blood pressure is seen in some women during pregnancy . In such a situation, the consumption of guava is considered helpful in controlling blood pressure. The reason is that it contains potassium and soluble fiber content, which helps in normalizing the rising blood pressure.
- Controlling blood sugar – Guava has a hypoglycemic (blood sugar lowering) effect. For this reason, it can be considered helpful in relieving the problem of sugar during pregnancy.
- Beneficial in constipation- Guava is a good source of dietary fiber, which is considered helpful in relieving the problem of constipation. Constipation is commonly seen in pregnant women. Therefore, consuming guava during this time can prove to be beneficial for you .
- Improve digestion- As you have been told earlier in the article that dietary fiber is found in guava, which proves helpful in removing the problem of constipation (stomach-related disorders). At the same time, it is mentioned in another research that it can be helpful in removing many other stomach-related disorders such as diarrhea, dysentery, abdominal pain and indigestion. For this reason it can be said that the consumption of guava helps in strengthening the entire digestive system.
- Reduces the risk of cancer – According to experts, many such elements are also present in guava, due to which it exhibits amazing ability to fight against cancer . In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that its consumption can help in reducing the risk of cancer to a great extent.
- Increase eyesight- Vitamin-C is rich in antioxidant properties, which is considered useful for the eyes. Since it is available in good quantity in guava, it can also be considered helpful in increasing eyesight.
- Helps in fetal development – Folic acid is also present in guava along with other essential nutrients. Folic acid or folate is a type of vitamin-B . At the same time, according to experts, folic acid is also considered necessary for the development of the fetus along with the mother . For this reason we can say that guava can be used for the development of the fetus.
- Protects against bacterial infection – A research found that guava also has antimicrobial effects, which prove to be helpful in removing malaria-related infections along with respiratory, mouth, teeth and skin.
- Calm the mind – Guava is a good source of magnesium. Some medical research has found that magnesium reduces stress and helps transmit happiness by calming the mind.
- Control cholesterol- As you have been told earlier in the article that guava is a good source of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber lowers the level of bad cholesterol in the body. Also improves the level of good cholesterol.
- Prevent Anemia- The risk of anemia often increases during pregnancy due to iron deficiency in women. At the same time, guava has been considered a good source of iron. For this reason, it is also considered helpful in preventing anemia.
- Keep mental problems away – Vitamin B-3 and B-6 are also present in guava, which is considered essential for pregnant women. The reason is that they help in keeping away mental problems like :- anxiety, stress and depression.
- Provides relief in morning sickness – Vitamin B6 is also found in guava. It has been considered a better option for morning sickness . For this reason, it can be said that this problem occurring during pregnancy can be reduced to a great extent by eating guava.
Now in the next part of the article, we will tell about some disadvantages of eating guava during pregnancy.
Side Effects Of Eating Guava During Pregnancy
We can understand the side effects of eating guava during pregnancy in this way.
- Fiber is found in guava. Therefore, consuming it in excess can cause abdominal pain and cramps.
- Eating raw guava should be avoided, as it is very hard when raw, which can damage the teeth.
- If you eat unwashed guava, the pesticides on it can harm you.
Come, now let us know some important things related to the consumption of guava.
Keep These Things In Mind While Eating Guava
- Guava with white pulp is said to have more nutrients. Therefore, before consuming it, cut it and check it.
- Overripe guavas are prone to insects, so check them thoroughly before eating.
- Eating guava in morning and evening breakfast is considered beneficial.
- If you have a complaint of allergy to its use, then its use should be avoided.
Now we will tell you about some easy ways to eat guava.
How To Include Guava In Diet During Pregnancy?
Following are some easy ways to include guava in the diet.
- You can consume it as a salad along with food.
- It can be eaten as is at any time of the day.
- If you want, you can also make ripe guava smoothie.
- You can also use it in fruit chaat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I eat raw guava during pregnancy?
Although there is no evidence that eating raw guava can cause any side effects during pregnancy, research suggests that the habit of consuming the unripe fruit may prove to be harmful during pregnancy. Can. For this reason, we advise you to avoid eating raw guava.
Should I drink guava juice or eat the fruit during pregnancy?
Although you can consume guava by making juice or smoothie, but doctors recommend eating the fruit itself, as it can provide essential nutrients and fiber in abundance.
Can I eat guava in gestational diabetes?
Even if you have diabetes, you can consume guava during pregnancy. This will not only provide you with other nutrients, but will also help in controlling the amount of sugar