You must have heard the benefits of including apples in the diet, but do you know that like red apples, green apples are also beneficial for health. Consuming green apples is believed to show positive effects on internal health as well as on the skin. You must be wondering how do green apples work for these benefits? By reading this article, you will get information about the benefits and uses of green apple. Along with this, the disadvantages of green apples are also mentioned at the end of the article. Before proceeding further in the article, readers must note that green apples is not a cure for any of the problems mentioned in the article, but it can definitely play a helpful role in reducing their effects to some extent.
Before moving ahead in the article, let us know what are the benefits of green apples for the body.
Benefits of green apple
Different types of apples have been considered. Of course, they may differ in color and form, but they all work almost equally in keeping us healthy. Although the nutrients present in them are almost the same, there can be a slight difference in their quantity. One such type of apple is “Granny Smith apples”, which are commonly called green apples. Come, let us know in detail the benefits of green apples for health.
1. Benefits of green apples for liver
Many types of phytochemicals are found in apples and one of them is Quercetin. It is an effective antioxidant, which may be beneficial in protecting the liver from oxidative stress and keeping it healthy. In addition, the special antioxidant properties found in apple peels may also be beneficial in protecting the liver from the risk of cancer ( 1 ). One apple can be eaten every morning to reap the benefits of green apples for the liver ( 2 ).
2. Benefits of green apples for lungs
A research published on the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) has found that consumption of fruits and vegetables can reduce the risk of lung cancer in women by 21 percent. Flavonoids present in green apples have been found effective in reducing this risk of lung cancer. At the same time, a study conducted on 10,000 men and women included in the research found an inverse relationship between flavonoid intake and lung cancer. One green apple can be consumed daily to keep the lungs healthy ( 1 ). Keep in mind that in conditions like cancer, get medical treatment done instead of home remedies.
3. Benefits of green apple for bones
Many nutrients are needed to keep bones healthy, such as calcium, protein, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. Along with these, some other minerals like copper, zinc, vitamin-A and vitamin-K also promote bone health. These nutrients are considered helpful in increasing bone mass as well as keeping bones strong ( 3 ). The benefits of green apples can be seen here, as it is rich in all the nutrients mentioned above ( 4 ). On this basis, it can be said that the use of green apples can help in keeping the bones healthy.
4. Helpful in reducing weight
Apple can be consumed as a way to reduce weight . The polyphenols present in it work behind this functioning of apple. These polyphenols exhibit anti-obesity properties and help control weight by reducing free radicals and fat tissue from the body. At the moment, more research is needed to better understand the effectiveness of green apples in weight control ( 5 ).
5. Benefits of green apple for skin
Talking about the use of raw green apple, not only the pulp of its fruit, but also the peel can be beneficial for the skin. Actually, the tannin present in it is not only a good antioxidant, but it also acts as an effective astringent for the skin. Astringents help shrink the pores of the skin. Additionally, the use of green apple peel can be helpful in controlling sebum secretion from the skin ( 6Trusted Source ) . As a remedy to keep the skin healthy, green apple can be used in the following ways –
- Peels of two to three green apples
- buttermilk (as required)
- Dry the apple peels in the sun.
- When they dry well, grind them to make powder.
- Now take this powder in a bowl and make a paste by adding buttermilk as required.
- Apply this paste on the face with the help of a brush or fingers.
- Wash the face with cold water after about 15 to 20 minutes.
Apart from this, the pulp of green apples can also be used for the skin.
- Half a green apples (sliced)
- half teaspoon honey
- a spoonful of curd
- Put the green apples in a blender and make a paste.
- Now take out this paste in a bowl and add the remaining two ingredients and mix well.
- After this, apply this paste on the face and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes wash the face with lukewarm water.
- Finally, pat dry with a towel and apply moisturizer.
In the next part of the article, know about the nutrients present in green apples.
Nutritional elements of green apple
With the help of the table given below, know about the nutrients present in green apples.
|NUTRIENTS||QUANTITY PER 100 GRAMS|
|pantothenic acid||0.056 mg|
|folate, total||3 µg|
|Vitamin-A RAE||5 µg|
|Vitamin A, IU||100 IU|
|Vitamin K||3.2 µg|
Know about the use of green apple in the next part of the article.
How to Use Green Apple
How to use :
- One whole green apples can be consumed every morning.
- You can also drink apple juice after extracting it.
- You can eat small pieces of green apple mixed with oatmeal and dry fruits.
- Smoothie can be made by adding papaya, orange and green apples to milk.
- You can eat grapefruit, green apple and dry fruits (walnuts and almonds) mixed in a bowl.
When and how much to use:
A green apple can be consumed in the morning breakfast.
In the last part of this article, know whether green apples can also have disadvantages?
Disadvantages of green apple
In some cases, the use of green apple can cause the following side effects-
- Oral allergy syndrome (swelling and itching of the lips, tongue and throat)
- Hay fever (a type of allergy characterized by itching and watering of the eyes and nose)
- Also, there is not much research available on whether green apples can be harmful when consumed during pregnancy. Therefore, be sure to consult a doctor before consuming green apples during this period.
After reading this article completely, you must have become well acquainted with the benefits of green apple. Along with the benefits, now you must have got information related to the use of green apple and you must have understood in what quantity it can be used. Uncontrolled use of green apple can also cause harm, which we have also mentioned in this article. So what is the delay now, include it in your diet from today itself and take advantage of it.