Let’s know about Feverfew benefits. Medicines made from different types of herbs are used to treat diseases in Ayurveda . One such herb is feverfew. It is being used since ancient times to treat a variety of health problems. Feverfew is full of medicinal properties. It has anticancer, antiinflammatory and antispasmodic properties. It is considered a panacea for the treatment of migraine. Apart from this, feverfew can also help reduce stomach pain, toothache and inflammatory problems.
Today in this article, we will know in detail about the advantages, disadvantages and precautions of feverfew –
benefits of feverfew
Feverfew contains a number of active compounds. Its main compound is parthenolide, which is found in the leaves of the feverfew plant. Parthenolide is what makes feverfew beneficial. Feverfew is used to treat fever and inflammatory conditions. It contains active constituents such as flavonoids, glycosides and pinenes. This plant can also be used in diseases like psoriasis , allergies and asthma . The major benefits of feverfew are explained in detail below –
beneficial in migraine
Migraine is a type of severe headache , which affects one part of the head. Feverfew can be considered a panacea in the treatment of migraine. People have been using it since ancient times. Feverfew contains substances called parthenolide and tannetin, which help in inhibiting the production of prostaglandins. Due to this property, it works to reduce inflammation and relax the blood vessels. In this case, feverfew supplement can be effective in reducing the severe pain of migraine. According to research, taking 100-300 mg of feverfew supplement daily can treat migraine headaches.
Feverfew can also prevent serious diseases like cancer . It has anticarcinogenic properties, which can be helpful in preventing cancer cells from growing. It has also been proved in many studies that feverfew can be effective in preventing cancer.
Feverfew plant is also used in the treatment of fever. Feverfew helps in flushing out the toxins from the body. It can reduce inflammation in the body and control the increased temperature in fever.
Feverfew can be used to reduce the pain . It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce pain and swelling caused by arthritis . Feverfew can treat chronic inflammation and muscle pain.
If a person has stress , anxiety or depression , he can use feverfew. Feverfew can help relieve stress. Its use brings good sleep and reduces the symptoms of depression.
Creams containing feverfew extract can be used to treat rosacea . Redness and small red pimples on the face are called Rosacea. Creams containing feverfew can reduce inflammation. Along with this, it can also calm the irritation of the skin.
cure period problems
Feverfew can also help relieve period problems. Feverfew can reduce period pain. Due to this, the problem of cramps occurring during the period can also be relieved to some extent. Also it can help in stopping heavy bleeding. The problem of irregular periods can also be overcome by taking extracts of feverfew on a regular basis.
protection against bacteria and viruses
The parthenolide element present in feverfew can also protect against many types of bacteria and viruses. A compound called parthenolide can inhibit the growth of the fungus . In addition, this element can also help inhibit Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium avium.
Disadvantages of Feverfew
Feverfew is considered safe but some people may experience side effects from it. The disadvantages of feverfew can be as follows –
- Side effects such as abdominal pain , diarrhea , constipation , nausea , dizziness , and fatigue may occur with the use of feverfew in few cases .
- If women take feverfew in excess, it can lead to menstrual problems. This can cause irregular periods .
- Chewing fresh leaves of feverfew can be harmful. This can cause problems like blisters in the mouth and swelling in the mouth. This can also spoil the taste of the mouth .
- Taking Feverfew can increase the risk of bleeding in some people. People who are prone to bleeding should avoid consuming it.
Precautions while consuming feverfew
To avoid the side effects of feverfew, it is necessary to take it properly, which is mentioned below –
- Consumption of feverfew extract continuously for more than 4 months should be avoided.
- People who are taking liver and blood thinners should avoid using feverfew.
- Pregnant women should also avoid taking feverfew. This can increase the risk of miscarriage. There is not enough research on whether it is safe for breastfeeding women.
- Feverfew should absolutely not be taken for at least 2 weeks after surgery. This may cause bleeding.
uses of feverfew
Come, now let us know in what ways feverfew can be used to stay healthy –
- Feverfew can be taken in the form of an extract.
- Feverfew can also be consumed in the form of tea .
- Dry leaves, fresh leaves and extracts of feverfew can be used as medicine.
- Those parts of feverfew are used medicinally, which grow above the ground.
Feverfew is a herbal supplement. It has been used for centuries for the treatment of migraine. Several studies have also proved that feverfew can help relieve cancer, pain, stress and inflammation as well. Feverfew may be beneficial in relieving skin problems, but feverfew should never be taken continuously for more than 4 months. If there is any serious health problem, then use it only on the advice of the doctor. Decide the right time and quantity of feverfew only on the advice of the doctor.