People use expensive products for clear and glowing skin. But, do you know that these chemical-rich products give an instant glow to the skin, but after some time it may have to suffer many disadvantages? In such a situation, using eggs as a home remedy can be beneficial to keep the skin healthy. What are the benefits of egg face pack. Also, here we are telling you how to make different types of egg face packs for the skin.
How is egg beneficial for the skin?
You must have read and heard a lot about the benefits of eating eggs for health, but its use for the skin can also be very beneficial. This is confirmed by scientific research, which suggests that the vitamins and minerals present in eggs can help promote healthy skin (1). In addition, egg whites may prove useful for removing acne as well as reducing the size of open pores and tightening the skin (2).
Not only this, egg white can also prove to be helpful in protecting the skin from damage caused by free radicals. This is the reason why it is also used in many anti-aging cosmetic products ( 3 ). According to these facts, it can be assumed that egg can be considered beneficial for the skin. In the article, we have discussed its other benefits in detail.
Know the benefits of eggs for the skin in this part of the article.
Benefits Of Egg Face Pack
Egg face pack can be beneficial for the skin in many ways. Here we are going to mention those benefits in a sequential manner. So let’s know what are the benefits of egg face pack for skin. At the same time, before that, definitely understand that egg is not a cure for skin problems in any way. Its use can be beneficial in the skin problem to some extent. Now read below: (4).
1. Nourish the Skin
There is no doubt that eggs can prove to be helpful in providing nourishment to the body as well as the skin. In fact, according to a research done in this subject, some vitamins and minerals are present in eggs, which can be helpful in promoting healthy skin along with preventing the breakdown of body tissues. ). On this basis, it can be said that egg face pack can be beneficial for nourishing the skin. (5)
2. For wrinkles and signs of aging
Egg face pack can also prove to be a better option to reduce the signs of aging of the skin. In a research, it is mentioned that a substance called phosvitin is present in the yellow part of the egg, which is known to have antioxidant effect. It can be used as an anti-aging for the skin, which can be effective in reducing facial wrinkles ( 4 ). This is the reason why the use of eggs can prove beneficial to reduce the effects of aging.
3. For Exfoliation
Eggs can also be beneficial in expelling dead cells from the skin. According to experts, egg can help in removing dead skin. At present, there is a lack of scientific research related to this. Therefore, do talk to a dermatologist before using it to remove dead skin cells.
4. To remove swelling of the face
Egg can also be beneficial to remove facial swelling. This has been accepted in a research related to eggs. Research has reported that eggs have anti-inflammatory properties, which can be effective in removing facial swelling.
5. For acne
Egg can prove to be beneficial to get rid of acne . According to a research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), egg yolk can prove to be somewhat helpful in the treatment of acne ( 6 ). At the same time, in another research, eggs have been described as a source of vitamin-A ( 7 ). Let us tell you, vitamin-A can prove beneficial in removing acne ( 8 ).
Below we are giving information related to the use of egg face pack for skin.
How to apply egg on face
After telling the benefits of eggs for the skin, here we are telling you the method of making different types of face packs made of eggs in a sequential manner. So let’s know with what things you can make egg face pack:
1. Egg and Multani Mitti Face Pack
- 1/4 tsp multani mitti
- 1 egg white
How to use:
- Beat the egg white well.
- Now prepare a paste by mixing multani mitti in it.
- Then apply it evenly on the face and neck.
- After about 20 minutes wash the face with lukewarm water.
We have already told in the article about the benefits of applying egg face pack for the skin. At the same time, if we talk about Multani Mitti, then it can prove to be helpful in removing dirt from the face. Apart from this, multani mitti can prove to be beneficial in removing excess oil from the skin as well as keeping it glowing. Not only this, it can also prove to be helpful in removing facial swelling ( 9 ). On this basis, it can be assumed that the face pack of multani mitti made with eggs can be beneficial for the skin.
2. Egg and Avocado Face Pack
- 2 tablespoons ripe avocado pulp
- 1 egg white
How to use:
- In a bowl, mix both the ingredients well with the help of a blender.
- Now apply it on your face.
- Leave it on the face for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water and wipe it off with a towel.
- Lastly apply moisturizer.
The use of avocado can be beneficial for the skin . According to a research available on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), avocados contain linoleic acid, which may help protect against signs of aging such as dryness of the skin and skin atrophy (thinning of the skin). 10 ). In this way, a face mask prepared with eggs and avocado can be beneficial for the skin.
3. Egg and Honey Face Pack
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 egg white
How to use:
- In a bowl, mix the egg white and honey well.
- Apply the prepared face pack on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- After the face pack dries, wash the face with clean water.
- Finally, pat your face dry with a towel.
The benefits of honey for the skin are many. Actually, honey has been used for the skin for years. A research related to this mentions that honey has humectant (moisture-retaining) and emollient (skin-softening) properties, which can prove to be helpful in benefiting the skin.
In addition, honey may be effective in keeping the skin youthful and reducing wrinkles ( 11 ). At the same time, we have already told about the properties of eggs in the article. In such a situation, it can be believed that the use of honey with eggs can be beneficial for the skin.
4. Egg and Yogurt Face Pack
- an egg white
- a spoonful of curd
- To prepare the face pack, beat the white part of the egg well.
- Now mix curd in it and prepare a paste.
- Apply the prepared face pack all over the face.
- Leave it on the skin for about 20 minutes.
- Finally wash the face with cold water.
Along with health, the benefits of curd are also many for the skin. This is confirmed in a research related to the face pack of curd. In which it has been told that curd has moisturizing properties, which can help in retaining the moisture of the skin. In addition, yogurt can be helpful in improving the elasticity of the skin as well as improving the skin tone ( 12 ). This is the reason why curd face pack with egg can prove beneficial for the skin.
5. Egg and Turmeric Face Pack
- an egg white
- a quarter teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon orange peel powder
- After beating the egg, add orange peel powder to it.
- Now make a paste by adding turmeric to it.
- Apply the prepared face pack on your face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that clean the face with normal water.
- After that apply some moisturizing cream on the face.
We have already told in the article about the benefits of applying egg on the face. At the same time, if turmeric is added to it, it can show a magical effect on the face. Actually, turmeric has been used for years as a face pack for the skin. Along with rejuvenating the skin, it can also help protect the skin from harmful germs ( 13 ).
At the same time, orange can act as natural bleach. Its use can help in improving the complexion of the skin as well as protect against acne, wrinkles and blemishes ( 14 ). This is the reason why a face pack of egg, turmeric and orange can be considered beneficial for the face.
6. Egg and Aloe Vera Face Pack
- an egg white
- tsp aloe vera gel
- In a bowl, mix the egg white and aloe vera gel well.
- Now apply this paste on the face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- After that wash the face with cold water.
Aloe vera face pack has also been used for years for skin related problems . It can protect the skin from damage caused by the harmful UV rays of the sun. Plus it has moisturizing effects, which can provide moisture to the skin. In addition, the anti-aging effect present in aloe vera can help protect the skin from signs of aging ( 15 ). At the same time, eggs are known to promote healthy skin ( 1 ). Thus, using aloe vera with eggs can be beneficial for the skin.
7. Egg and Lemon Face Pack
- an egg white
- one teaspoon lemon juice
- one teaspoon honey
- Make a paste by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply this paste on the face.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- After drying, clean the face with lukewarm water.
- Apply moisturizer on the face.
If lemon is added to the face pack of egg and honey, then its benefits can be manifold. The benefits of eggs and honey for the skin have already been mentioned in the article. At the same time, vitamin C present in lemon can prove to be helpful in improving the skin as well as keeping it healthy. Apart from this, lemon can also be used as an astringent.
It can be helpful in minimizing open pores as well as keeping the skin soft. Also its antiseptic effect is known to remove dead cells from the skin ( 16 ). This is the reason why using a face pack prepared from egg, honey and lemon can prove beneficial for the skin.
read the article till the end
Further in the article, we are telling about the precautions related to face pack prepared from eggs.
Some Important Tips For Applying Egg Face Pack – Tips For Applying DIY Egg Face Mask Properly
After telling the benefits and methods of using egg face pack, here we are telling some such tips, which can prove to be very useful in applying egg face pack:
- Apply the egg face pack mentioned in the article with light hands or with the help of a brush.
- Before applying any face pack, clean the face thoroughly.
- Only one coat of egg face pack should be applied. Many people apply double and triple quotes, do not make such a mistake.
- After cleaning the face pack, always wipe the face by patting it with a soft towel. Some people rub and wipe the face, which can be harmful to the skin.
- Don’t forget to apply moisturizer after wiping the skin. This will retain the moisture of the skin.
- Before using any of the face packs mentioned in the article, do a patch test to make sure that there is no allergy to any of the ingredients included in the article.
- If you feel a burning sensation on the skin after applying the face pack, then clean the face immediately.
We are pretty sure that after reading this article, you will definitely want to try these egg-based face packs once. In this article, we have explained in detail about the benefits and uses of egg face pack. In such a situation, now you can include the face pack mentioned here according to the skin in your skin care routine. Although all the face packs mentioned here are completely natural, but for caution, do a patch test once before using them. Hope you liked this article. Do not forget to share this article written on egg face pack with your near and dear ones.
frequently asked Questions :
Can egg whites be applied on the skin daily?
No, excessive use of anything can cause damage. According to dermatologists, egg white can be used once a week on the face.
Does Egg Yolk Help Lighten Skin?
Yes, egg yolk can be beneficial in lightening the skin. Actually, it contains a substance called L-cysteine, which can improve skin tone ( 17 ).
Egg yolk or white part, which is most beneficial?
Both parts of the egg have their own benefits for the skin. While the white part of the egg removes acne and protects the skin from free radical damage, its yellow part can reduce the effects of aging.
Does egg yolk remove acne?
Yes, egg yolk can help get rid of acne