In today’s article we will learn about circuit training benefits. What exercises are necessary for a normal person to stay healthy and fit, which cardiovascular and strength enhancing exercises should be used more by such people, these topics have been discussed for a long time. So that people can get the full benefits of both these branches of fitness, trainers tried to use them by mixing them together. Under this thinking, circuit training exercises started in the 1950s. In this exercise, a balanced combination of weight training and high intensity exercises was done so that people could get maximum benefits in less time. Let’s start Circuit training benefits
Both of these exercises have different benefits and endurance levels, so circuit training can suit people on many levels. On one hand, some exercises are done for the development and strengthening of targeted muscles in a prescribed period, while the rest of the muscle groups require separate exercises. Keeping this in mind, fitness experts have made many changes in recent years and tried to provide more benefits to people in the shortest time.
You can do cardiovascular activities with HIIT , CrossFit or bodyweight exercises. Initially one can see the circuit training exercise by the army personnel. It is from here that its many forms have evolved. Circuit training can be a great way to keep things interesting. You can set up the routine as you like, adding any exercises you like. Even short periods are sufficient to complete the routine of the circuit. You can increase it with time.
Benefits of Circuit Training
We are all familiar with the health benefits of exercising regularly. Circuit training enhances results in all aspects of exercises. By including circuit exercises in your daily exercise routine, you can multiply its effects.
Time Saving : You can do your favorite exercises in less time. It’s better to do circuits in half the time than to spend hours doing exercises you don’t like.
Whole body exercise : You can exercise your whole body in a short time by alternating exercises. Starting with push-ups and squats, you can complete your routine with pull-up exercises. Due to this, most of the muscles of your body come into active state.
Functional Training: Circuit training increases your body’s stamina and mobility, which helps you perform your daily tasks with relative ease.
Combined benefits of aerobic and resistance training : Doing cardio and strength exercises strengthens your body. You can also do cardio exercises along with weight training workouts.
Muscle growth : With circuit training, you can develop your muscles in a short time.
Circuit training basics
The biggest advantage of working out on a circuit is that you can set things up just the way you want. You can increase or decrease its intensity by including exercises as per your convenience. Here are some examples to help you understand the structure of a circuit program.
full body circuit exercises
Here are upper body exercises for you, which you can complete in 30 minutes. You can choose any of the given exercises. You can understand this as a weight circuit and do a set of these exercises.
- flat bench press x 2 sets
- flat pulldown x 2 sets
- Shoulder Press x 2 sets
- Barbell Curl x 2 sets
- Triceps Extension x 2 sets
- Weighted Squats x 2 sets
Different types of circuit training _
You can incorporate circuit training exercises on designated days at the gym to work out the chest or other body parts. You can choose any one of the five exercises and include them in the circuit. For example, you can do these exercises on chest day.
- flat bench press x 3 sets
- Machine Fly x 3 sets
- Incline Bench Press x 3 sets
- Push-ups x 3 sets
- Cable Crossover x 3 Sets
Home Workouts ( Bodyweight Exercises ) _ _
Bodyweight exercises are very beneficial for strength training. You can do this anywhere without any equipment.
- push-ups x 3 sets
- Pull-ups x 3 sets
- squats x 3 sets
- chin-up x set
- Dips x 3 sets
make your own circuit
It also gives you the flexibility to incorporate other exercises while enhancing the effects of a circuit training workout. You can also do aerobics, CrossFit, bodyweight exercises, HIIT and weight training with the various equipment available in the gym.
You can practice any of these 10 exercises .
- Treadmill 1 minute x Sprint 30 seconds
- Jumping Jacks x 1 minute
- Cycling x 1 minute at a fast pace and then 30 seconds at a slow pace
- Burpees x 1 minute
- Kettlebell Snatch x 1 min
- Jumping Rope x 1 minute
- Weighted Squats x 1 minute
- High-Knee x 1 minute
- bench press x 1 minute
- Biceps Curl x 1 minute
- Shoulder Press x 1 minute
- thruster x 1 min
- Triceps Kickback x 1 min
- Dips x 1 minute
- Battle Ropes x 1 minute
- Push-ups x 1 minute
- cable crossover x 1 minute
- Pulley Pushdowns x 1 minute
- Pulley Push-Up x 1 minute
- Walking Lunges x 1 minute
- Animal Movement Exercise x 1 minute
- Planks x 1 minute
- Stepper (Step Workout) x 1 minute
Based on the above, it will be easy for you to know how you can choose one and build your own circuit. You can create your own circuit by adding any other exercises of your choice.
Tips and suggestions for circuit training exercises
If you do not see any significant effect even after daily exercise in the gym, then circuit training can help you in this also. With this you will be able to improve your fitness. Here are some tips that you can follow.
- Do not rest for more than 30-60 seconds during exercise.
- Do one set of each exercise first and then follow it up by repeating the second set in the same order.
- Try to complete the entire exercise within 30 minutes.
- For strength training, do five exercises for one minute each and take 30 seconds rest in between. In aerobic exercise, instead of five, do 10 exercises for one minute each and take 30 seconds rest in between.
- Increase speed and weight as per your capacity.
- If you are a beginner i.e. new to the gym then you should not do circuit training exercises as it is a high intensity workout.
- If you feel thirsty during exercise, stop for a moment and drink a sip of water.
- To avoid workout injuries or muscle strains, be under the supervision of an instructor or do this workout in a group.
- There are many styles of doing this routine, you can create your own circuit by combining the exercises as per your convenience.
Keep these things in mind also
Circuit training is an exercise practice that is very beneficial for rapid muscle growth and cardiovascular health. If you have enough space at home, you can easily include this circuit training in your exercise routine. Circuit training exercises become more enjoyable when done in a group of people who are active in fitness to make it competitive.