Mango Calories :- Even though the summer season is prickly, still everyone looks forward to this season. Now you will think why so, then the answer is sweet-sweet mango. There will hardly be anyone who does not like to eat mangoes in summer. On hearing the name of mango, you must have remembered many of your old tales related to it, which revolve around mango. There is no doubt that mango is not only the king of fruits, but the properties of mango are many. In this article of health life we are telling the benefits of mango, so to know the benefits of mango, definitely read this article.
Before knowing the benefits of mango , let us know some interesting things related to mango.
Mango, the king of fruits, is famous almost everywhere. It is said that neither sweet speech nor sweet behavior wins everyone’s heart, similarly the sweet aroma and sweetness of mango gives it the title of the king of fruits. Some interesting things about mango are as follows:
- Not only the taste of mango, but its name also means a lot. You may be surprised to know that behind every name of mango there is a story hidden behind it.
- When mango is slightly unripe, then the amount of vitamin-C is high in it. At the same time, when it is ripe, the amount of vitamin-A in it becomes high.
- The scientific name of mango is Mangifera indica and in Sanskrit mango is called aamrah.
- If we talk about mango production, then India’s name comes first in this. India is number 1 in terms of mango production.
- Alphonso is one of the most expensive and popular mangoes. Alphonso is cultivated mainly in the western part of India, which includes Ratnagiri, Raigad and the Konkan region of India.
- Mango is the most commonly eaten fruit in comparison to other fruits across the world.
- People believe that giving a basket of mangoes is a symbol of friendship.
- Many people believe that there are many such mango trees, which are 300 years old. These trees still bear fruit when the mango season arrives.
- Mango has been called the national fruit of India. Mango is the national fruit of not only India, but also of Pakistan and Philippines.
- The ‘International Mango Festival’ is organized in Delhi, in which many varieties of mangoes are displayed and many types of mango eating competitions are also held.
- Many rare varieties of mangoes are seen in this mango festival.
- There are more than 100 varieties of mangoes.
- Mangoes come in many colors like – green, red, yellow etc. Not only this, mangoes are also of different sizes.
- If we talk about the heaviest mango, then the name of Hathijul mango of Saharanpur comes in it. The weight of this one mango can be up to three to four kilos.
- Many people also like to consume raw mangoes. If eaten with salt and pepper in raw mango, then its taste increases.
- It is also important to be careful while eating mangoes, as some mango species can be prone to insects. Therefore, whenever you eat mango, first cut it a little and see it.
- You may be surprised to know that along with mango, mango leaves and peel are also beneficial. Mango leaves are not only used for worship and for applying at the entrance of the house, but it is also used in making many types of medicines.
- People believe that Lord Buddha used to meditate while sitting under a mango tree.
- While buying mango, do not go for its color, it is not necessary that red or yellow mango is ripe.
Note : Some of these interesting things are based on people’s beliefs and perceptions. It is difficult to say exactly how true these things are.
Are mangoes good for your health?
In an Australian study, mango has been considered beneficial for health, because it contains some bioactive compounds, which are beneficial for health. A report published by the Iowa Department of Public Health states that mangoes are high in beta-carotene, which is effective in protecting the body from many diseases. Mango contains about 20 different minerals and vitamins, making it one of the most nutrient-rich fruits. Common to many diseases – such as cancer, can prevent inflammation, heart problems and other kinds of problems. That is why the properties of mango are many.
Before you know the benefits of mango, we are telling you some main types of mango.
Types of Mango
Although there are more than 400 varieties of mango in the world, but it is not possible to tell about them all. Therefore, we are telling about the most famous species of mango.
- Alphonso – Originates in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- Himsagar – Mango originating in West Bengal.
- Banganapalli – Mango originating in Andhra Pradesh.
- Dasehri – Mango grown in Lucknow and Malihabad.
- Badami – Mango originating in Karnataka. It is also known as the Alphonso of Karnataka.
- Saffron – Mango originating in Saurashtra, Gujarat.
- Totapuri – Mango originating in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
- Langra – Mango grown in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Mankurad and Musrad – This mango is found in Goa.
- Malda – It is cultivated in Digha of Bihar.
- Jardalu – This is also a common found in Bihar.
- Neelam – This mango is found in Hyderabad.
- After knowing so much about mango, it is time to know its benefits. Below we are telling you about the properties of mango. After knowing about them, you will start to feel the taste of mango more sweet than before.
- Benefits of Mango
- Here we are telling the benefits of mango full of properties and taste. Below we are telling the benefits of mango not only for health, but also for skin and hair.
- 1. Benefits of eating mango to prevent cancer
The risk of cancer is increasing day by day due to the poor lifestyle of the people. Therefore, it is important to take care of food and drink. Talking about food, mango can reduce the risk of deadly diseases like cancer. Mango fruit pulp contains carotenoids, ascorbic acid, terpenoids and polyphenols. Due to all these properties, mango has the property of reducing the risk of cancer. A scientific study conducted in 2010 also supported the anti-carcinogenic effects of mango.
The anticancer properties present in mango have been named mangiferin, a compound found in the fruit. According to a report published by Texas A&M University, polyphenolic compounds present in mangoes have antioxidant properties, which help in reducing oxidative stress (oxidative stress can lead to fatal diseases like cancer). ). In addition, the anti-inflammatory properties of these compounds.
2. Benefits of Eating Mangoes for Heart
Heart healthy, you healthy. To keep the heart healthy, people take special care of food. If you also include the seasonal fruit mango in your diet, then the heart can be very healthy. Consumption of mango can also reduce the risk of heart disease. The nutrients present in it can help keep the heart healthy. So, do not forget to consume it during the mango season.
3. Benefits of Mango for Immunity
If the body is to be healthy, then it is very important to have the right immunity. If this does not happen, then the body can easily become a victim of infection due to changing weather or due to dust and soil. Therefore, by including mango in your diet, you can increase your immunity. Vitamin-C helps a lot in increasing immunity and mango is rich in vitamin-C. According to a study conducted in Rajasthan, India, vitamin-C reduces the problem of allergies and can help fight infection. Therefore, consume it not only for the taste, but also for your health.
4. Benefits of Mango for Cholesterol
Those who want to avoid the risk of cholesterol, they can also consume mango. Mangoes are rich in nutraceuticals, which can help reduce cholesterol levels. In a scientific study, mangiferin (one of the important compounds present in mango) was used on rats, which reduced the level of cholesterol in them. It can also help in increasing the level of HDL (high-density lipoprotein) ie good cholesterol.
5. Benefits of Mango
Consuming mango can also provide relief from digestive problems. It has the property of cleansing the stomach. It even removes the problem of constipation. When there is no problem of constipation, then digestion power will also improve. Also, mango is a good source of fiber, for this reason also improves digestion power.
6. Benefits of Mango for intercourse and sperm
Mangoes have aphrodisiac properties, which can increase the desire for sexual intercourse. Along with this, the mixture of vitamin-E and beta-carotene present in mango can protect sperms from destruction.
7. Benefits of Mango for Eyes
Like any other part of the body, it is important to take care of the eyes. Loss of eyesight is normal with age, but if it happens at an early age, it means that it is happening due to lack of nutrients. Especially, the effect of vitamin A deficiency on eyesight.
In such a situation, the consumption of mango can keep the eyes healthy, because vitamin-A is present in it. In addition, there are two major carotenoids of the human eye – lutein and zeaxanthin. Mangoes are known to be a rich source of zeaxanthin and may help maintain eye health. It can protect eyesight from weakening with age. According to one study, a carotenoid called cryptoxanthin present in mango can help reduce the problem of poor vision that occurs with age.
8. Benefits of Mango for the Brain
If you see the benefits of eating mango, then mango helps to keep the mind sharp and also helps in strengthening memory. The bioactive component present in mango keeps the brain healthy. In addition, a study published on the NCBI website has proved that mango extract contains some things, which improve memory. At the same time, another study in Thailand has confirmed that mango has neuroprotective properties.
9. Benefits of Mango
If we talk about high blood pressure, then the consumption of mango can be very beneficial. People are at increased risk of heart problems due to high blood pressure. In such a situation, if mango is consumed, then it can be very beneficial. Therefore, if you want to avoid the risk of blood pressure, then definitely consume it during the mango season.
10. Benefits of Mango to protect against heat
Everyone knows that mango is the fruit of the summer season. It can protect the body from the hot wind that runs in summer. Drinking ripe mango juice on a hot summer day can prevent heat stroke, as it not only refreshes the body, but also hydrates. Apart from this, many people boil raw mango and apply it on the body due to heatstroke and fever, it is believed that it can cool the body. To avoid the wrath of heat, apart from ripe mangoes, you can also drink raw mango panna or juice.
11. Benefits of Mango for Diabetes
Diabetes means that patients of diabetes shy away from eating many things. Especially, they are confused about mango whether they should eat it or not, so we clear this confusion. Mango can be consumed to some extent in diabetes. Obese people have a higher risk of diabetes . A study conducted on 20 obese adults showed that consuming half of a fresh mango for 12 weeks reduced blood sugar levels. According to researchers, mango contains fiber and mangiferin. Not only this, another study has proved that mango peel extract has antidiabetic properties.
In addition, the risk of type 2 diabetes may also be reduced in obese people, as it has anti-diabetic properties, which improve blood glucose levels. Not only this, the risk of high cholesterol can also be reduced in those who have type 2 diabetes. In such a situation, diabetics can include mango in the diet after medical advice according to their health condition and sugar level. .
Note : Despite all these properties of mango, you must ask the doctor once before eating it.
12. Benefits of Eating Mango in Pregnancy
Consuming mango during pregnancy can also be beneficial. A pregnant woman needs a lot of nutrients and nutritious food, especially vitamin-A. In such a situation, the consumption of mango can be beneficial, because mango is rich in vitamin-A. However, it should be consumed only in moderation, because excessive consumption of it can increase the risk of getting gestational diabetes. At the same time, if someone has gestational diabetes, consult a dietician or doctor before consuming mango.
13. Benefits of Mango for Weight Loss
Nowadays obesity or increasing weight is the problem of every other person. In such a situation, if proper diet is taken care of along with exercise and yoga, then it can be got rid of. You can include mango in your diet for weight loss. Not only mangoes, according to a study, mango peel (which we usually throw away) can also prove to be helpful. In addition, mangoes contain fiber, which can greatly aid in weight loss. A University of Minnesota study proved that consuming dietary fiber found in fruits and vegetables can greatly aid in weight loss. Therefore, definitely include mango in your diet. Therefore, you can include mango in your diet. At the same time, if someone is dependent on a particular diet to lose weight, then include mango in your diet plan only after the instructions of the expert.
14. Benefits of Mango for Asthma or Asthma
Asthma patients can also consume mangoes. Mango has anti-asthmatic properties, due to which it can be beneficial for asthma patients. Vitamin C is also present in mango. At the same time, according to another study, vitamin-C can reduce the problem of allergies and can help fight infection. Not only mango, but its kernels can also be beneficial for asthma.Those who have allergy problems or those who are allergic to any particular kind of fruit or food, then they should consume mango after asking the doctor.
15. Benefits of Mango for Kidney Stone
Consuming mango can also be beneficial to prevent kidney stones . Mango is rich in Vitamin-B6. According to a US study, this vitamin may reduce oxalate stones. In such a situation, mango can be consumed to prevent kidney stones.
16. Benefits of Mango for Bones
Even if bones are to be kept healthy, it is necessary to consume mangoes. Vitamin-A and C are present in mango. In addition, it also contains calcium, which helps to keep bones strong and healthy. Not only this, mango also contains a compound called lupeol, which can protect against inflammation and arthritis.
17. Benefits of mango in anemia
Lack of proper diet and lack of essential nutrients to the body can lead to the problem of anemia. In this case, the consumption of mango can be beneficial. Not only mango, but mango flower can also be very beneficial in anemia. Mango is full of many nutritious elements. Vitamin-C present in mango can help in the absorption of iron in the body. and can help in relieving the problem of anemia .
18. Benefits of Mango for Diarrhea
It may come as a surprise to many people that consuming mango in diarrhea can be beneficial. Many times people refuse to consume mango during this time, because it is hot. At the same time, if you consume mango after taking the advice of a doctor, then you can benefit. Mango and mango seeds have anti-diarrheal properties. Apart from this, not just fruits, but mango leaves can also be beneficial. Mango leaves are rich in tannins and can be dried and eaten to. Not only this, in some parts of the Caribbean islands a decoction of mango leaves is used to treat diarrhea.
19. Benefits of Mango for De-addiction
Partying with friends or going to a party with office colleagues and consuming alcohol has become common nowadays. There is no doubt that the consumption of alcohol is injurious to health. Then if you drink alcohol, you usually resort to lemonade to get rid of its hangover. You can also consume mango instead of lemonade. Mango or mango peel can help cure hangovers.
20. Mango Has Anti-ulcer Properties
There are many types of stomach related problems due to wrong eating habits nowadays and ulcer is one of them. Its symptoms are loss of appetite and abdominal pain. In such a situation, along with doctor’s advice and medicines, the consumption of mango can also be beneficial. Mango has anti-ulcer properties, which can relieve the problem of ulcers. Mango’s polyphenolic may help reduce inflammation.
21. Benefits of Mango for Thyroid
Mango can also be consumed to cure thyroid problem. Actually, by consuming a mixture of mango, cantaloupe and watermelon peel, thyroid hormones are balanced and thyroid problems can be relieved to some extent. You can get powder of a mixture of these three peels as a supplement in the market.
22. Benefits of Mango for Liver
Liver problems can also occur in stomach related problems. In such a situation, it is very important to take care of food and drink. In this situation, you can include mango in your diet by talking to the doctor. Mango has hepatoprotective properties, due to which it can help keep the liver healthy.
23. Benefits of Mango to Prevent Malaria
Malaria is a serious disease spread by mosquitoes. If this is not taken care of in time, then it can endanger the life of the patient. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to its protection. Actually, mango bark extract has anti-malarial properties. In such a situation, not directly mango, but its bark extract can be useful for malaria. However, it is better to seek medical advice before its use.
24. Benefits of Mango for Skin
Along with the body, it is also important to take care of the skin in this busy time. However, due to lack of care and pollution, the skin starts losing its luster. In this situation, the consumption of fruits, especially mango, can be beneficial. A Korean study in 2013 found that mango extract showed a positive effect on the skin of rats damaged by the sun’s harmful rays (UVB).
Mangoes are rich in beta-carotene (a form of vitamin A). According to a German study, these carotenoids can help to make the skin healthy. Beta-carotene is also a photoprotective agent, which protects the skin from ultraviolet rays. Furthermore, according to a Chinese study, polyphenols present in mangoes exhibit anticancer activity, which may prevent skin cancer. A research also mentions that mango has anti-acne properties. This can reduce the risk of bacteria causing acne. However, further research is still needed in this subject. Therefore, if you are troubled by acne and pimples, then you can include mango in your diet. Also, the vitamin-A present in mango makes the skin healthy and can reduce the early signs of wrinkles. Therefore, if you want to improve the skin and maintain the glow, then definitely consume mango in summer.
25. Benefits of Mango for Hair
Along with the skin, the beauty of the hair is also important. It is of no use if the hair is long but not healthy. To make hair healthy, not only shampoo, conditioner and oil, but the right diet is also necessary. You can consume mango to make hair beautiful and shiny. Mangoes are rich in vitamin-C, which promotes collagen production and helps in making hair healthy. Apart from this, there are many nutritious elements in mango, which can make hair thick and shiny.
Now that you have known the properties of mango, in the next part of the article, we are telling about the nutritious elements present in mango.
Mango Nutritional Value
Know below what are the nutrients in mango, which make it not only the king of fruits, but also everyone’s favorite fruit.
|Nutrients||unit quantity||1- 100 grams per value||1 cup mango pieces (165 grams)||Unpeeled mango (336 g)|
|fiber, total dietary||Gram||1.6||2.6||5.4|
|Vitamin C, Total Ascorbic Acid||mg||36.4||60.1||122.3|
|Vitamin A, IU||IU||1082||1785||3636|
|Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)||mg||0.90||1.49||3.02|
|Vitamin-D (D2 + D3)||micrograms||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|Vitamin-K (Phyloquinone – phylloquinone)||micrograms||4.2||6.9||14.1|
|Fatty Acids, Total Saturated||Gram||0.092||0.152||0.309|
|Fatty Acids, Total Monosaturated||Gram||0.140||0.231||0.470|
|Fatty Acids, Total Polysaturated||Gram||0.071||0.117||0.239|
|Fatty Acids, Total Trans||Gram||0.000||0.000||0.000|
Note: The nutritional elements and their quantity given in this chart are of raw mango, but there is not much difference between the nutritional content and quantity of raw mango and ripe mango.
Mango will be beneficial only if it is consumed in the right way. Below we will explain how to use mango.
How to Use Mango
If we talk about the use of mango, then mango can be used in many ways. Know about them below.
- To avoid heatstroke, raw mango emerald can be made and consumed. Here we are telling you the method of making Aam Panna.
- one or two small raw mangoes
- Black Salt
- Roasted Cumin or Cumin Powder
- black pepper
- To make Aam Panna, wash and boil raw mangoes thoroughly.
- Then let it cool down and when it cools down, remove its peel.
- Now add cumin powder, black pepper and black salt as per taste.
- Then drink it by adding cold water as needed.
Note : You can also cook mango and apply it on your body in case of heatstroke.
- Ripe mangoes can be washed and consumed.
- Mango milkshake, juice or smoothie can be made and drunk.
- Mango can also be eaten by making ice cream.
- Mango jams, cakes and pickles can also be consumed.
- Apart from this, amchur powder can also be consumed in food.
- If you want, you can also consume raw mango by making vegetable and chutney.
Note : Keep in mind that do not consume mango in excess or on an empty stomach, because doing so can cause stomach pain.
Next, we are telling you how to choose the right mango and preserve it for a long time.
Selection and Storage of Mango
Choosing a good mango can be a challenge for many. Mangoes are sold in large quantities during the mango season and attract different types of mangoes. Now if you want to buy good mango in this, then it is important to keep the following things in mind:
- You should know that mangoes should be selected by their aroma and not by their colour. Their colors vary depending on the variety, but their scent should be sweet.
- While buying mangoes, choose those mangoes which do not have black spots or scratch marks.
- Try touching and pressing the mango. If you want to eat mangoes on the same day, then take ripe mangoes. Try touching or pressing it, if it gets pressed, then the mango is ripe. If you have to eat a day or two after buying mango, then take a little hard mango. You can also take this type of mixed mango.
How to preserve mango for long time?
It is not everything to just buy beautiful mangoes, but it is also important to keep the mangoes healthy and fresh for a long time. Below we are giving you some suggestions regarding this:
- If seen, mango can be fine for one to two weeks and it can be kept in the refrigerator for three days.
- If the mangoes are hard and green in colour, they should be kept in a brown paper bag for a few days to ripen. They should be stored at room temperature and away from sunlight until they are ripe. Once cooked, they can be stored in the refrigerator.
- Mango can also be eaten frozen. Freezing them darkens their skin, but they are fine inside.
- You can freeze mangoes whole or cut into pieces.
The benefits of mango are many, but along with the merits of mango, there are also some demerits.
Side Effects of Mango
Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Similarly, if mango has advantages, then its excessive use has some disadvantages as well. Therefore, below we are telling you some disadvantages of mango, pay attention to them:
- Eating more raw mangoes can cause gas or stomach pain.
- Excessive consumption of mango can increase the heat in the body.
- Excessive consumption of mango can also cause stomach upset and vomiting.
- People with sensitive health may have allergic or sore throat problems due to its consumption. Sore throat occurs when the upper part of the mango is not cleaned properly or when its milk is not extracted while cutting. It can also cause itching or swelling.
- Those who have the problem of arthritis, they should consume mango after asking the doctor.
- Pregnant women, especially those with gestational diabetes, should consume mangoes only after consulting a doctor.
- Consuming more mangoes than necessary can lead to both weight gain and diabetes.
- Do not drink milk even after eating raw mango. According to Ayurveda, this combination is not correct.
- Eating chemically ripened mangoes can cause harm.
Note : Whenever you bring mango, consume it only after keeping it in water for a few hours.
You do not need to be afraid of the disadvantages of mangoes. Mango is a royal fruit and this royal fruit, if used properly, is a treasure trove of properties. If you have read the benefits of mango above, then keeping these benefits in mind, consume mango in balanced quantity and absorb the quality of mango in yourself. Also, by sharing this article with other people, give information related to mango to everyone.
frequently asked questions
Are mangoes good for dieting?
Half a cup of chopped mango contains only 50 calories. You can replace mango with any of your high-calorie snacks. It fills your stomach and reduces your appetite. More importantly, mangoes are rich in fiber, which is known to aid digestion and keep your stomach feeling full for longer. So, if you are dieting, mangoes can be a great addition to your diet.
Are mangoes high in sugar?
Yes, mangoes are high in sugar, this sugar is called fructose. A mango contains an average of 31 grams of sugar, which can affect blood sugar levels, but the fiber in it can help counteract the effects of sugar.
How to cook mango?
There are some tricks for the quick ripening of mangoes, which we are telling you below.
You can keep the mango inside a paper bag and leave it on the kitchen counter overnight. Mango releases an odorless gas called ethylene, which accelerates the ripening process. Keep in mind that your paper bag should not be completely closed, but there should be a place for air and gas to escape from it, so that the mango does not get spoiled. Apart from this, you can also keep the mango in the rice box. The same thing comes here too that rice does not allow the ethylene gas released from the mango to escape and accelerates the ripening process of the mango.
Can I give mangoes to children?
Mango peel or its bark can also cause allergies in the mouth of the child. Apart from this, according to some experts, this allergy can also be like diaper rash. The best way to avoid this is to peel the mangoes well before giving them to the baby. You can also give mango to the baby by mashing it, cutting it into pieces or making its shake and juice. Note: Take care not to give too much mango to the child, otherwise he may also have diarrhea. You can ask the doctor how much mango to give to the child. Mangoes are hot and heavy and children have low digestive power, so keep that in mind.
Which fruits can be eaten with mango?
You can eat banana with mango. Especially, if you’re making a smoothie, this combination will be delicious. Along with mango, you can also consume coconut, orange and pineapple.
Can you eat mango peel?
As we have discussed earlier, the peel contains important nutrients. It may taste bitter, but it contains healthful compounds like mangiferin. Therefore, you can eat mango peel. If you are allergic to mango peel, do not consume it at all.