Indian Gooseberry and honey have been used as home remedies for centuries. Everyone will be well aware that both these ingredients are very beneficial for health. Indian Gooseberry and honey both have different medicinal properties, but if they are consumed together, the effect can be doubled, which can help prevent many physical problems and reduce their risk, we will discuss about the benefits of Indian Gooseberry juice and honey and the disadvantages of Indian Gooseberry and honey. Along with this, the benefits of Indian Gooseberry juice and honey and the nutrients present in them will also be told.
First of all, we will talk in detail about the benefits of Indian Gooseberry juice and honey.
Benefits of Indian Gooseberry and Honey
Indian Gooseberry and honey both are considered good for health, but both cannot be considered as medical treatment. Consuming them can be beneficial in preventing the problem and reducing their effect to some extent. At the same time, if someone is seriously ill, then medical treatment is necessary.
1. Aids in Digestion
Honey has many such properties that can help in keeping the digestive system fine. This is the reason that even in Ayurveda, it has been described as a boon for digestion related problems. At the same time, Indian Gooseberry is rich in fiber, which can keep the digestive system healthy. Apart from this, using it regularly can strengthen the digestive system. It can prove to be helpful in getting rid of hyperacidity and many other digestive problems ( . On this basis, it can be believed that the consumption of Indian Gooseberry and honey can help in keeping the digestive system healthy.
2. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry Juice and Honey for Diabetes
According to a research available at NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), Indian Gooseberry has anti-diabetic effects, which can help in controlling the problem of increased blood sugar ( 4 ). Similarly, some benefits of honey can also be seen in diabetes. Actually, according to a research, the use of honey can help in reducing the weight of diabetic patients in reducing blood lipids. However, research has also advised caution regarding its use in patients with diabetes.
3. Beneficial in cold and cough
Consumption of Indian Gooseberry and honey can also be beneficial in cold and cough. Actually, vitamin-C present in Indian Gooseberry can help in relieving cold ( 2 ). Apart from this, a research has been reported that taking Indian Gooseberry powder with honey can provide relief in dry cough. At the same time, in a research, the World Health Organization has described honey as beneficial for cough and cold in children. In this way, it can be said that the use of Indian Gooseberry and honey can be effective on cold and cough.
4. Helps in Strengthening the Immune System
When the immune system is weak, the body can be vulnerable to many diseases. In such a situation, the use of Indian Gooseberry can strengthen the immunity. It is mentioned in a research that Indian Gooseberry can increase white blood cells (an important part of the immune system) and can help in strengthening the immune system. At the same time, honey can also prove to be helpful in strengthening the immune system. According to a research paper available on the NCBI website, consumption of honey can help increase the production of antibodies in the body. Explain that an antibody is a protein that the immune system releases. At the same time, antibodies work to protect the body from antigens i.e. bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
5. Helpful in Jaundice
A research available on the NCBI website mentions that the use of honey can prove to be effective in preventing the harmful effects of jaundice. At the same time, in a research, the use of tonic made from gooseberry has been said to be beneficial in the disease of jaundice. Therefore, we can say that the consumption of Indian Gooseberry and honey can be beneficial in jaundice.
6. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry and Honey in Asthma
Honey can also be effective in asthma. According to a research available on NCBI, consuming honey and inhaling it can provide some relief in asthma. At the same time, the anti-inflammatory properties present in honey can reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract. At the same time, the anti-inflammatory properties present in Indian Gooseberry can play an important role in reducing the severity of asthma. In addition, according to the International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, consuming honey with Indian Gooseberry juice may help reduce asthma symptoms such as difficulty breathing.
7. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry Juice and Honey for Skin
Indian Gooseberry is considered beneficial for the skin in Ayurveda. According to a study, the antioxidants present in Indian Gooseberry can protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. At the same time, it is also used in sunscreen and anti-aging products. According to another research, Indian Gooseberry also contains skin whitening agents, which can improve skin tone. As far as honey is concerned, honey can moisturize the skin naturally. Honey has antimicrobial properties, which can protect the skin from bacterial infections. It also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which can be helpful in preventing the progression of infection while relieving the skin of inflammation, Looking at these facts, it would not be wrong to say that Indian Gooseberry and honey can be useful for the skin.
8. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry Juice and Honey for Hair
The use of Indian Gooseberry and honey can prove beneficial for hair. According to a research, regular use of Indian Gooseberry can be helpful in hair growth. Another research also states that shampoo and oil containing Indian Gooseberry can nourish the scalp and hair as well as protect hair from premature graying. Talking about honey, it can prove useful in the prevention of seborrheic dermatitis (skin allergy, which causes scaly and red skin on the scalp) and dandruff. Apart from this, the use of honey can also be beneficial in the problem of hair loss. Therefore, it can be assumed that the benefits of Indian Gooseberry juice and honey for hair are many.
In the next part of the article, we will now learn about the nutrients of Indian Gooseberry and honey.
Nutrients of Indian Gooseberry and Honey
Here, through the chart given below, the nutrients of both Indian Gooseberry and honey can be known in detail.
|AMLA (AMOUNT PER 100 GRAMS)
|HONEY (VOLUME PER 100 GRAMS)
|Total lipid (fat)
|Fiber (Total Diet)
|Vitamin A (RAE)
|Vitamin A (IU)
|Fatty Acids (Saturated)
|Fatty Acids (Monounsaturated)
|Fatty Acids (Polyunsaturated)
After the nutrient, we will understand further ways to consume Indian Gooseberry and honey.
How to Use Indian Gooseberry and Honey
How Indian Gooseberry and honey can be used, you can easily understand through the following points.
- For relief from dry cough, consuming honey mixed with Indian Gooseberry powder can be beneficial.
- To keep the eyes healthy, you can take honey mixed with Indian Gooseberry juice.
- Talking about external use, honey mixed with Indian Gooseberry powder can be applied to the hair.
- Indian Gooseberry pulp can be consumed by mixing honey.
- Marmalade can be prepared by soaking Indian Gooseberry in honey.
- Indian Gooseberry and honey along with curd can be used to make face masks.
Quantity: Half a teaspoon of Indian Gooseberry juice with half a teaspoon of honey can be consumed in a day. However, every person’s body needs are different. Hence, our opinion is that you should consult a doctor for the appropriate dosage of honey and Indian Gooseberry.
After knowing the ways of consuming Indian Gooseberry and honey, we will talk about its harm.
Side Effects of Indian Gooseberry and Honey
benefits of Indian Gooseberry juice and honey are many, it also has many disadvantages. These damages can be caused by certain health conditions or by taking an overdose. Know the disadvantages of Indian Gooseberry and honey through the points given below.
1. Disadvantages of Indian Gooseberry
• Indian Gooseberry has properties to lower blood pressure. In such a situation, people who have the problem of low blood pressure , they should consume gooseberry on medical advice, because it can lower their blood pressure further.
• People suffering from low blood sugar should consume Indian Gooseberry only on the advice of a doctor, because it has antidiabetic (blood sugar lowering) properties, which can further reduce blood sugar in low blood sugar patients.
• Indian Gooseberry is a good source of vitamin-C. At the same time, excessive consumption of gooseberry can cause an excess of vitamin-C. This may increase the risk of kidney stones.
• Please consult your doctor before eating Indian Gooseberry during pregnancy.
2. Harm of Honey
• Honey can cause anaphylaxis. This is a type of allergic reaction. This can cause redness of the skin, difficulty in breathing, hives, chest pain and tightness.
• Honey is high in fructose. At the same time, due to its not being absorbed properly in the body, there may be a problem of diarrhea ( 29 ).
• Excessive consumption of honey can cause botulinum poisoning (caused by Clostridium botulinum bacteria). This can cause problems such as blurred vision, difficulty swallowing and muscle weakness.
• People who have problems with low blood sugar should consume honey only after consulting a doctor, because the presence of fructose in excess honey can lead to unstable blood sugar levels.
After knowing the benefits of Indian Gooseberry juice and honey, it is imperative to think of its use, but keep in mind that only proper consumption and use of Indian Gooseberry and honey can benefit you. If someone is suffering from any serious problem, then definitely consult a doctor before consuming them. At the same time, keep in mind the amount of their consumption, because their consumption in excess can cause the loss of honey and Indian Gooseberry. Hope you liked this article. Stay connected with us for information related to health and wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions :
What are the benefits of consuming Indian Gooseberry and honey on an empty stomach?
The benefits of Indian Gooseberry juice and honey on an empty stomach are many. This can help control blood pressure and keep the body energized.
Is it safe to consume Indian Gooseberry and honey daily?
Yes, seeing the benefits of eating Indian Gooseberry powder and honey, they can be consumed daily (in limited quantities).
Is it safe to consume Indian Gooseberry and honey at night?
Yes, Indian Gooseberry and honey can be taken at night, but it is better to take it in the morning. Do talk to your doctor once for the correct information.
Do Indian Gooseberry and honey help in losing weight?
Yes, both Indian Gooseberry and honey have anti-obesity effects, due to which it can be believed that they can prove beneficial in reducing weight.