Giloy is being used in Ayurveda since ancient times. Giloy full of medicinal properties can be beneficial in many types of physical problems, Giloy juice is as beneficial as the benefits of Giloy. All the medicinal properties found in Giloy are also found in Giloy juice. Benefits like good digestion and immunity boost can be found by consuming Giloy juice. On the other hand, if you are taking any kind of medicine, then harmful effects can also be seen from Giloy juice.
Today in this article you will learn about the advantages, disadvantages and method of preparation of Giloy juice –
benefits of giloy juice
Giloy has great importance in Ayurvedic treatment. It can be used to treat many physical conditions. Also, it can be commonly used to strengthen immunity on a daily basis. With this, conditions like fever and diarrhea can be cured. It contains some active compounds, which make it a good medical herb. Come, let us know in detail about its other benefits –
helpful in the treatment of diabetes
Consumption of Giloy juice can be helpful in reducing blood sugar. Giloy juice contains a compound called barbine, which is believed to be helpful in reducing blood sugar levels. It can reduce the sugar level by making the cells insulin resistant. Apart from this, anti hyperglycemic effect is also found in Gilos, which can cure problems like diabetes to some extent.
Boost the immune system
Giloy has antioxidant effect. This means it can help protect the body from oxidative stress . Giloy can strengthen the immune system and reduce the risk of many diseases. It can also be helpful in protecting against bacteria and infections . The immunomodulatory effect is also found in the extracts from Giloy.
prevent heart diseases
Consuming Giloy juice can also reduce the risk of heart diseases . It is generally seen that cholesterol level can be reduced by consuming it. Along with this, blood pressure can also be controlled, due to which the health of the heart can be improved. Both of these are considered to be the main factors of heart diseases.
Giloy contains antioxidants and can help protect cells from free radicals. Not only this, the risk of breast, prostate and ovarian cancer can also be reduced by consuming Giloy juice . Anti cancer effects have been found in it.
Disadvantages of Giloy juice
If drinking Giloy juice can provide various health benefits, then in some cases the consumption of its juice can also prove to be harmful. Come, let us know about some of its side effects –
- If a person is diabetic and is taking medicines to lower blood sugar, then it is necessary to be careful while consuming Giloy juice, as it also lowers the blood sugar level, which can lead to a condition like hypoglycemia .
- If there are auto-immune diseases , such as rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn’s disease , etc., then consuming it can be harmful, because it stimulates the immune system.
- It is not safe for pregnant and lactating women to consume Giloy juice, so avoid consuming it.
How to make Giloy juice
The method of making Giloy juice is easy, which is explained below –
- First of all wash the 2 meter long branch of Giloy thoroughly with clean water.
- Then cut it into small pieces and then grind it to make a paste.
- After this, mix this paste in 1 liter of water and then put it on the gas.
- Boil the water until the water remains half.
- After this, turn off the gas and leave the water to cool down.
- When the water becomes normal, filter it and consume it.
According to Ayurveda, Giloy is a herb with many health benefits . Consuming its juice can be beneficial in many health conditions. Giloy juice is especially used to prevent cancer or to strengthen the immune system. At the same time, consuming it can be harmful for a patient suffering from autoimmune disease. Its juice is made by grinding the branch of Giloy. Keep in mind that before including this juice in your diet, do consult your doctor once.