Let us know about the Basil for skin. Tired of using creams and chemical based products to keep the skin healthy and beautiful? If yes, then you can take the help of basil present in the house. This can make the skin shiny and young, on the basis of research, we have given some such benefits of Tulsi for the skin. Along with these benefits, how to use Tulsi for the skin and the precautions related to it have also been explained in detail here.
Why is Tulsi beneficial for the skin?
Basil is considered beneficial for the skin because of its properties and nutrients. It contains nutrients like Vitamin A and C. Apart from these, Tulsi is also a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants. Tulsi protects cells from damage.
Also, the healing properties present in it can help in healing skin wounds. Not only this, Tulsi also has a blood purifying effect. Due to all these properties and nutrients, basil is considered beneficial for the skin.
5 Benefits of Basil for Skin
The benefits of Tulsi for health are many. By consuming it, one can stay away from diseases, and on the other hand, by using Tulsi face pack, the skin can be made healthy. Know below what are the benefits of Tulsi for the skin .
1. Tulsi for glowing skin
If you want to make the skin shiny, then you can use Tulsi. According to a research paper, Tulsi has a purifying effect, which can cleanse the blood . Purification of blood with Tulsi can bring glow on the skin. Basil can be consumed for this. Also Tulsi face pack can make skin turmeric and give it glow.
2. Skin infections
Basil can also help in removing skin infection. Due to the antioxidant effect present in basil, it can help relieve serious skin problems, such as eczema (itchy red rash), by reducing oxidative stress.
Also, basil oil contains anti-microbial agents, which can kill organisms that cause skin infections, such as E. Coli, S. aureus, and P. aeruginosa. Because of this effect, creams and gels containing basil extract and basil oil are used to avoid skin infections.
3. For acne
If you are troubled by acne and pimples , then you can use Tulsi. The oil extracted from basil leaves has anti-bacterial effects, which can reduce acne. Also, the linoleic acid present in it shows anti-inflammatory activity. This can reduce inflammation in acne. Not only this, the purifying agents present in Tulsi also help in purifying the blood, which can prevent acne.
4. Skin Toner
Tulsi can also be used as a skin toner. According to a research paper, herbs that contain antioxidants can work to tone the skin. We have already told above that Tulsi contains antioxidants.
Also, it contains Linalool and Limonene compounds. Both of these compounds act as cleansing agents that can remove impurities from the skin. For this reason, it is believed that Tulsi can act as a skin toner.
5. Reduce aging
Tulsi can also help in slowing down the aging process . Actually, Tulsi has antioxidant effect. Because of this, basil can help prevent and slow down premature aging.
How to use Basil for face and skin?
Benefits of Tulsi for skin are available only when it is used properly. We are further telling the ways to use Tulsi for the skin.
- Tulsi Toner: Tulsi leaves can be used as a toner. For this, boil basil leaves in water for some time. When the color of the water turns green, turn off the gas and keep it to cool. After cooling, put this water in a spray bottle and use it as a toner.
- Honey Tulsi Face Pack: Honey can be used by mixing it in a toner made from Tulsi. Along with this, adding honey to basil paste can also be applied on the face. Then after drying the face pack, wash the face.
- Tulsi rose water: Make a paste of Tulsi and add a few drops of rose water to it and apply on the face. Apart from this, adding rose water to Tulsi toner can also be used.
- Turmeric Tulsi: Tulsi face pack can also be made by mixing turmeric. For this, raw turmeric or turmeric powder can be used for anything.
- Tulsi Curd: Tulsi face pack can also be made by mixing curd. Make a paste of basil and mix curd in it and apply it on a clean face. Then wash the basil curd face pack after five to ten minutes .
- Neem Tulsi Face Pack: There is another way to use Tulsi. All it needs are Tulsi and Neem leaves . Now grind both in equal quantity and make a paste and then apply on the skin.
Precautions related to the use of Basil
Before using Tulsi for skin, it is important to take care of some things. What are the precautions related to applying Tulsi face pack, know below.
- Always make Tulsi face pack only after washing Tulsi thoroughly.
- Before using Tulsi for the skin, make a fine paste of it. It will be fine, only then it will be able to fit inside the face.
- Instead of using only Tulsi, mix some rose water or some other ingredients in it.
- If you are using basil oil instead of basil leaves, then use it only after diluting it.
- Do a patch test once before applying Tulsi oil or Tulsi face pack on the skin.
- Wash your face thoroughly before applying Tulsi face pack on the skin.
- After drying the Tulsi face pack, clean it by massaging the face lightly .
scroll to read more
Know about the disadvantages of Tulsi face pack in the next part of the article.
Disadvantages of applying Basil on the face
Applying Tulsi face pack for the skin does not cause any harm, because Tulsi is considered a safe herb. Only pregnant women or those with other medical conditions should consult a doctor before consuming it.
Although Tulsi has anti-allergic properties, that is, it prevents allergies, but people with sensitive skin can do a patch test by applying it on their hands before using it directly on the face to see if it is causing allergies or rashes.
You have already known about the benefits of Tulsi for the skin. It is nothing less than a boon for the skin. You can feel free to use it to keep the skin healthy and free from skin related problems. While applying it on the face, also pay attention to the precautions and tips. This can give more benefits to the skin. Now just make Tulsi face pack at home quickly and get glowing skin.