Different types of yoga asanas can be done to benefit each and every part of the body. On the other hand, talk about hair, there are many types of yoga mentioned for problems related to hair, in which one name is Balayam Yoga. Now you must be wondering what is Balayam Yoga, here we are giving the benefits of doing Balayam Yoga and the side effects of Balayam Yoga as well as important information related to it. Read the article till the end to get the benefits of Balayam for hair.
What is Balayam Yoga
Balayam is made up of two different words, in which the first word is Bala which means hair and the second is exercise. This is the reason why it is called hair exercise. During Balayam yoga, the nails of both the hands are rubbed together. It is believed that scrubbing fingernails can help with hair growth. Hence, it is included in hair growth formulations . Apart from this, there are many other benefits of Balayam yoga for hair, which are discussed further in the article.
The benefits of Balayam yoga can be seen in different ways on the hair. At the same time, keep in mind that Balayam is not a cure for hair related problems in any way. Its practice can help in bringing relief to some extent. If the problem related to hair is serious, then do consult a doctor. Now read further:
1. Hair shine
Hair shine can also be included in the benefits of doing Balayam yoga. In fact, it is believed that regular practice of Balayam Yoga can bring shine to the hair. At present, there is no scientific study available to confirm this.
2. For gray hair
Balayam yoga results can appear on gray hair. A scientific study has included several yoga asanas for hair problems (including the problem of premature graying), including one called Balayam yoga. However, how effective Balayam alone will be for this problem, for the time being more research needs to be done.
3. For falling hair
According to a scientific research, the practice of yoga can help in maintaining the blood flow of the scalp, due to which yoga can provide relief in the problem of hair fall. At the same time, yoga has also been considered useful for hair loss (which includes hair loss). At the same time, Balayam is also included in the Yogasanas mentioned in this research for hair fall. In such a situation, we can assume that the practice of Balayam can play an important role in the problem of hair fall
4. For baldness
As mentioned above, regular practice of Balayam yoga can help in controlling the problem of hair fall. On this basis, it can be believed that this yoga can work to prevent baldness. Actually, the problem of baldness is due to excessive hair loss. At the same time, if the problem of hair loss is controlled before time, then the risk of baldness can be reduced.
5. Hair Strength
Hair can be strengthened by doing Balayam Yoga. In fact, in a research, Balayam is also mentioned along with other yogasanas for hair growth. At the same time, weak hair is also mentioned in the research. In such a situation, we can assume that the practice of Balayam can also provide strength to the hair.
Steps to do Balayam
The effect of any yoga is when the way of doing yoga is right. Therefore, the below-mentioned steps can be followed to perform Balayam yoga in the right way:
- First of all, sit in the posture of Sukhasana by laying a yoga mat in a quiet place.
- Now close your eyes and try to keep your mind calm.
- To calm the mind, take a long breath three to four times and release it slowly.
- After this, bend both the hands from the elbow and bring them in front of the chest.
- Now fold the fingers of both the hands inwards and make a half fist.
- After this, touch the nails of both hands to each other.
- Now rub the nails of both the hands together.
- At this point, keep breathing and exhaling normally.
- Balayam yoga can be done for 8 to 10 minutes. You can also take rest for a few seconds in between as needed.
- Keep in mind, do not rub the nails vigorously.
When we should do Nail Rubbing Exercise
By the way, Balayam Yoga can be done at any time. At the same time, to bring it into daily practice, you can make Balayam yoga time in the morning or evening, so that it can be done with full attention. Do keep in mind that its benefits can be seen only after doing yoga well.
How much time should I do Balayam?
After knowing the Balayam Yoga time, it is also important to know for how long it should be done. Balayam can be done daily for 8 to 10 minutes. At the same time, if you feel the need to take rest while doing this, then you can take rest for a few seconds once or twice.
Some precautions for Balayam Yoga
Before doing Balayam Yoga, it is important to know about some precautions related to it. We are telling these precautions through some points below:
- For caution, do not do Balayam yoga during pregnancy. It is believed that this can cause contractions in the uterus. However, there is a lack of precise scientific research related to it.
- If someone has any problem related to nails, then he should avoid doing Balayam. This can further increase the nail problem.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should also not do this yoga. This can increase the blood pressure even more. However, there is also a lack of scientific studies related to this.
There is no exact scientific research available regarding the harm of Balayam yoga. However, for the sake of caution, as we mentioned above, people suffering from nail problems, high blood pressure and pregnant women should avoid doing this, otherwise some of its disadvantages may come to the fore.
Now you must have understood how Balayam can be beneficial for hair. Also, it must have been well known how it should be done. Now if you want, you can practice it daily for hair fall problem. At the same time, it is also important to keep in mind the precautions related to performing Balayam to avoid the harm of Balayam. We hope you have liked this article.