Do you know which is the best oil for face, hands and hair ? It may be a little surprising to hear this, but along with olive oil, coconut oil and other herbal oils, the best oil for hair is almond oil.
Almond oil is a product that most of us have heard about from hairdressers in salons and why it is is no secret or mystery. Almond oil is very beneficial for hair and due to its properties it is an important part of many effective haircare remedies used in many haircare treatments and haircare products.
Almond Oil Benefits
Almond oil is a natural hair treatment for frizzy hair that reduces frizz and makes hair manageable. Almond oil is very lightweight and has a very sweet, nutty scent. Almond oil can be used alone on the hair or it can be used in combination with other oils to get double benefits .
Almond oil helps a lot in keeping the hair sleek and shiny and enhances the overall smoothness of the hair by improving its texture. If almond oil is used properly, it helps in keeping the hair healthy and beautiful throughout the year.
The many benefits of almond oil for hair include vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining healthy hair. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it great for people with sensitive scalps.
Steps to Use Almond Oil for Hair Treatments
For those who are not happy with the texture of their hair and want to make them smooth and shiny, almond oil is a very good, beneficial and effective option for them. Here we are telling three very easy steps to use almond oil for hair treatments:
- Start conditioning your hair before applying almond oil. Doing this will help in locking the moisture in your hair and your hair will not become greasy too soon.
- Apply the oil directly to your hair, especially the areas where it is most needed. Massage the oil well on the scalp until your hair is covered with almond oil.
- Do this again if necessary. Now either leave the oil in the hair overnight or after some time wash the hair so that the extra oil is removed. Your hair will become so soft and shiny that you will be in awe of yourself.
You can follow the steps given above or you can also follow other popular methods of oil application for better results.
Benefits of Using Almond Oil for Hair
Many different types of nuts are found in India and almond is also one of them. This is the reason why almond oil has found a place in many traditional Indian beauty treatments and practices. It is also very popular among hair care experts because almond oil can be used for conditioning, smoothing and protecting hair.
Almond oil is a natural hair treatment that can also be used as an alternative to shampoo. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can help fight scalp conditions like dandruff. Along with this, almond oil also helps in managing curly hair and adds shine to them.
Here are some of the benefits of applying almond oil:
- Almond oil is a great multipurpose oil, nourishing the hair from the inside out.
- Almond oil also helps in reducing frizziness, dryness, split ends and prone to tangles.
- Its nutty scent and lightweight texture make it perfect for everyday use on dry or normal hair types.
- Along with this, almond oil can also be used as a base in many hair masks and shampoos.
- It is the perfect multipurpose oil to be used on hair as well as skin and scalp.
- Along with antioxidants, almond oil is rich in many minerals including vitamin E, magnesium, copper and zinc.
- Apart from treating stretch marks, bruises and many other skin conditions, it also prevents their recurrence.
It is clear from this that almond oil is beneficial for both skin and hair. Although there are many misconceptions about hair oils, almond oil is very versatile and can be used in many ways.
The Best Almond Oils You Can Buy In 2022
1. The Pure Story Almond Oil
The Pure Story Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Almond Oil is made from 100% pure virgin cold pressed almond oil with a mild fragrance. It is perfect for hair, face and other skincare needs.
2. Forest Essentials Organic Cold Pressed Virgin Almond Oil
Forest Essentials Organic Cold Pressed Virgin Almond Oil is made from cold-pressed virgin almond oil which is rich in vitamins and minerals. It comes in a dropper bottle for easy application.
3. Kama Ayurveda Organic Sweet Almond Oil
This fine quality almond oil is made from organic almonds with a rich and natural aroma. This oil can be used as a moisturizer, conditioner, treatment mask or for a scalp massage. It prevents dandruff, sebum production, greasy skin and hair breakage.
4. Baidyanath Rogan Badam (Almond) Oil
Baidyanath’s Rogan Badam is a cold-pressed oil with a mild fragrance. Almond oil from this well-known brand is rich in healthy and essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that strengthen hair by nourishing it from the roots and promote hair growth.
5. Mystic Living Originals Sweet Almond Oil
Sweet Almond Oil by Mystiq Living Originals is 100% pure and cold-pressed oil that can be used on both hair and skin. It is so mild that it can be used even on children’s skin. It protects the skin from UV damage and also reduces the signs of aging on the skin.
6. Upakarma Ayurveda Badam Rogan Sweet Almond Oil
Upakarma Ayurveda’s Badam Rogan Sweet Almond Oil contains no other ingredients except almond oil. It nourishes hair naturally with Vitamin E and fatty acids that protect hair and skin from damage.
7. WishCare 100% Pure Sweet Almond Oil
This 100% pure almond oil from WishCare is very beneficial for healthy hair and skin. This virgin and unrefined sweet almond oil comes with an easy-to-use flip-top bottle and comb applicator.
8. Indus Valley Bio Organic Sweet Almond Oil
Indus Valley Bio Organic Sweet Almond Oil is made from organic and unrefined almonds. It nourishes and conditions the hair and scalp and also helps in controlling frizz. It also helps in repairing weak and damaged hair.
9. Khadi Pure Herbal Sweet Almond Oil
Khadi Pure’s Herbal Sweet Almond Oil is enriched with Vitamin E and A which nourishes and moisturizes dry scalp. Its natural ingredients protect the scalp from irritation and sensitivity and promote healthy hair.
10. Juicy Chemistry 100% Pure and Organic Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil
This oil is made from 100% pure, cold-pressed almonds that hydrates and nourishes the hair and replenishes the hair’s lost oils and moisture. Use it as a daily hair mask to prevent scalp conditions like dryness, irritation and dandruff.
frequently Asked question
Which is pure almond oil?
This oil is included in the list of best almond oil. In fact, it is rich in vitamins and fatty-acids, which can help in hair growth.
How to use almond oil for face?
By massaging a little almond oil on the face every night before going to bed, it naturally hydrates the skin from within. Also, massaging increases blood circulation. Due to which the skin looks young and youthful. At the same time glow increases on the face.
What is the harm of almond oil on the skin?
People with tree nut allergies should not use almond oil, as it may cause an allergic reaction. People with acne-prone skin who haven’t found use with other types of oils may want to avoid applying almond oil directly to the face, as it can block pores and cause pimples and breakouts.
Does almond oil darken the skin?
But oils like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil do not make your skin fair or dark. Use sunless tanning cream to darken the skin. Since it is rich in organic ingredients, it is perfect for skin lightening treatments. Almond oil helps in restoring your natural complexion and makes your skin tone a few shades lighter.
Which oil should be applied to become fair?
Coconut oil helps in making the skin fair. Not only this, by using it daily, the dark spots or patches of the skin also go away. To use it, take some coconut oil and heat it. Apply it on the face with a light massage for a few minutes, so that the oil gets absorbed.
For how long should we keep almond oil on the face?
Applying almond oil on your under eye area overnight will give you good results. However, if you have oily skin, it is recommended that you only leave it on for 30 minutes, not overnight.