We include many types of exercise in our daily routine to keep our body healthy. Similarly, aerobics is also a type of exercise, which is very easy to do. You can do this at home also. It should be done initially with experienced aerobic exercisers. Aerobic exercise not only keeps you fit, but also does not have any physical problem around you. Yes, it is important to keep one more thing in mind that along with this exercise, you should also consume nutritious foods. If you are wondering how to do aerobic exercise.
What is Aerobic Exercise?
During aerobic exercise, the heart works to pump blood with more force than normal. If the blood is pumping fast in the body, then the supply of oxygen is also fast. This accelerates the breathing process. Aerobic exercise strengthens the heart and can increase healthy cholesterol levels. Walking and swimming are low-impact aerobics, while running, tennis and dance aerobics are performed for high-impact. Apart from this, there are many types of aerobic, which will be known in detail below. Aerobics are mostly done in groups with music and under the supervision of an instructor. It keeps the body fit, increases flexibility, strengthens muscles and improves cardio-vascularity.
Types of Aerobic Exercise
- Dance Aerobic : Dance aerobic can be done to take care of health along with fun. For this, the aerobic instructor (instructor) gets the dance steps done with the music. It is mostly done with a group.
- Swimming : Swimming is considered the best for good health. In this aerobic exercise, the whole body gets exercised simultaneously. While doing this, almost all the parts of the body are used.
- Zumba : This is a type of dance and it is also considered a type of aerobic. Music is used to do this.
- Skipping (jumping rope) : Jumping rope is also a type of aerobic exercise. A skipping rope is used for this. In the beginning do it under the supervision of the instructor and gradually. Be careful while doing this, so that the rope does not get stuck in your leg.
Walking and Running
- This is the easiest form of aerobic exercise. In the beginning, walk slowly and then later on increasing the speed. Do it in the park in the morning or evening for better results.
- Jumping Jack : While doing this, you stand in a careful posture. Then while jumping, spread the legs and move the hands upwards. Then jump back to the previous position. At the same time, the sound of clapping with the hands should also come. Do it in slow motion in the beginning. Then increase its speed. This is a good aerobic exercise.
- Boxing : In boxing, along with the strength of the body, the mind is also tested. To do this, stand in one place and punch in the air. Keep in mind that the balance of the body should be maintained at this time. In the beginning, slowly hit the hand in the air, then increase the speed. It would be better to do this under the supervision of an instructor.
Let us now know about the benefits of exercising.
Benefits of doing aerobic exercise
Aerobic exercise can have many benefits for the body. These benefits can be achieved by practicing it daily for a long time.
1. Helpful in controlling weight
For those who want to lose weight, aerobic exercise can prove to be the right option. To do this, some people were given Moderate-Intensity Aerobic Exercise for 6-12 months. After 12 months, there was a reduction in their weight and waist size. At the same time, isolated aerobic exercise may not have any effect on overweight and obesity. Yes, if it is combined with the right diet, blood pressure and lipid levels can improve. May also help in reducing weight, Isolated aerobic exercise simply means doing aerobics. It does not include any other exercise. This information has been given in a research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). In such a situation, it can be said that the benefits of aerobic exercise can be to control weight.
2. To reduce heart disease
The benefits of aerobic exercise can also be to overcome the problem related to the heart. According to a research, aerobic exercise is a dynamic exercise, which works to promote heart health. Doing this can help prevent heart problems as well as high blood pressure. Apart from this, if someone has any heart related problems, then aerobic exercise can be beneficial for them too, but in this condition do it only on the advice of the doctor. Seeing the condition of the patient, the doctor will tell what kind of aerobic exercise would be right.
3. To balance blood sugar and insulin levels
Aerobics exercise can also be helpful in keeping blood sugar and insulin levels balanced. A scientific research has reported that aerobic exercise can work to control blood sugar in patients with type 2 diabetes. Aerobics exercise increases the production of insulin in the body, which works to absorb glucose. This can reduce the level of blood sugar in the body. This information is available in a research published on the NCBI website.
4. Helps to Quit Smoking
Many people want to quit smoking, but are unable to quit because of the urge. In such a situation, they can get some benefit from doing aerobic exercise. According to a scientific study published on the NCBI website, exercising can reduce cigarette cravings and may also help keep its symptoms at bay. In addition, aerobic may also be helpful in improving lung function in people who have lung problems due to smoking. Here let us make it clear that smoking is not beneficial in any way. Even if we eat nutritious food and do regular exercise. It is harmful in every respect.
5. Improve mental health and mood
The benefits of aerobic exercise are also associated with improving mental health and mood. Anxiety and depression can be reduced by doing aerobics exercise. By doing this exercise, blood circulation is better in the body as well as in the brain, which improves mood.
6. To strengthen bones and muscles
Exercise can be done to keep bones healthy. Exercise not only keeps bones healthy, but can also prove to be helpful in protecting against osteoporosis (bone disease). In addition, it may also help strengthen muscles.
7. Improve Sleep
The benefits of doing aerobic exercise include sleeping better. A scientific research was done to confirm this. Under this, a young man suffering from insomnia was given aerobics exercise for 4 months. Exercising improved the youth’s sleep quality as well as decreased daytime sleepiness and symptoms of depression. This research paper is available on the website of NCBI.
Some Precautions for Aerobic Exercise
It is important to keep some things in mind while doing aerobic exercise, so that the damage caused by it can be avoided.
- If someone has a foot injury or pain, he needs to be careful while doing aerobics. If the pain increases during aerobic, stop it immediately.
- While swimming, keep in mind that muscle strain does not cause any problem.
- If you feel any kind of discomfort in the feet, knees and hands while jumping rope, then avoid doing it.
- If someone has had surgery, then after complete recovery, he should do aerobics exercise only on the instructions of the doctor.
- Pregnant women should not do it without doctor’s advice.
Next we are telling about the disadvantages of doing aerobics.
Disadvantages of doing Aerobic Exercise
If any exercise is needed, some side effects can be seen. Some such damage can occur if aerobic exercise is also done for a long time.
- Muscle fatigue.
- muscle pain
- lower back pain.
- Upper back pain.
After reading this article, it has become completely clear that aerobics exercise is helpful in staying healthy. So why not start a healthy life from today by adopting the aerobic method given in this article. You can share this article with your friends and acquaintances, so that they also know about the methods and benefits of aerobic. We have also mentioned above about not doing aerobic in some situations. In such a situation, it is also important to take care of those situations. We hope that you liked this article of ours and found its information useful to you.